6. MANIPULATE MIND

“Who was that?" Karan wondered.

“Si... nothing!" Rhea mumbled.

It was Sid. The guy who asked her to be friends with her.

“How about we get to know eachother? You know, becoming friends!" He asked after they worked for a collab a month ago

“I'm not sure!" She replied politely.

“We can interact and then be sure!" He smiled.

“Don't you think it's risky? It could end up as a scandal!"

“What?" He laughed. “I have many friends in industry. I don't think it will be a scandal from my end." He said.  She too felt she shouldn't have said that.

“But I don't really have guy friends. I haven't hung out with any. It will be a scandal!" Many tried to be friends with her, but never made a serious move or tried to convince her. And here was Sid, being so causal and open.

“It's never too late to change. It's time you lived your life, not the character designed by your agency!" He frankly said.

“What act? Well..." She didn't protest. “Aren't you scared?" She asked wide eyed.

“Real fans support you the way you are. Think about it!" He smiled.

Sid was an independent artist. He used to work under an agency, but he terminated the contract fed up with their rules and regulations. He faced threats, was removed from several shows, but he didn't give up. He would post whatever he wanted on his social media, be it a song or quote he liked, or pictures with friends on daily basis. He wouldn't put on acts. He was so real, brave, and decent. Moreover his singing skills, acting skills were top-notch. His looks were like cherry on cake.

His words were struck in her mind like lyrics of her songs. Though here whole existence was to fake pretend, the more Prachi started hating that idea, the more it effected Rhea's thoughts. Afterall Rhea was personification of what Prachi wanted, but couldn't do on her own.

“What am I actually doing?" Rhea wondered at times.

Prachi was the kind of person who loves to interact with fans. Was friendly, open to new challenges, loves to post whatever she likes on social media. If she likes a song, a food item, or a place, she would want to share it with fans. If she likes someone's work, she would like to appreciate them on IG. She was so much like Sid. But he has guts to show his true self. She was living with a fake image and fake face to begin with.

Prachi's lingering guilt about hiding truth from Ranbir, contemplation whether she was wronging herself living a fake life were effecting Rhea's thought process.

“I have free time the evening today. How about you?" Rhea pinged him. There was nothing wrong with making friends afterall.

“Great! I will finish shooting around 5. Ping me the location." He replied.