8. CHOICE

“What's wrong dad?" Ranbir sighed.

He  wondered if his father ever felt guilty of forcing artists under his agency to fake personality.

Well, he wasn't mad either as he knew, it was artist's choice to give in. He knew things in industry were quite complicated and he never intervened in those matters.

“Anyone, but not her!" His dad repeated same line again. “You might think I'm crazy but she isn't a normal person. She is..she is having some issues that are beyond human understanding."

“Dad... she is my girlfriend. I appreciate if you could express your concerns without disrespecting her. And what are you saying?" Ranbir snapped.

His dad didn't say a word. Maybe he was reconsidering his choice of words.

“Nothing. I remember her auditioning for DarkRose band once. I thought she was getting back at me using you. But then I realised she never knew me." He was lying confidently.

Ranbir nodded though it wasn't plausible. He didn't want to bother his dad. Poor him, he never bothered Prachi and she left him puzzles in the end,  and now his dad.

“I guess she doesn't know you are my son. Nevertheless, I never thought she would play with someone's feelings this way."
Mr. Kohil thought. He was trying to act cool and was spending time with his son, but he was often spacing out.

“Am I being too mean? Guess I'm. She is afterall a human too. She has every right to love and live her life. But how can I accept this? It's betrayal and my son is a victim. I'm sure she didn't  tell him anything...did she?" He was wondering on his way back home.

“I don't get dad. He sounded  like she is extraterrestrial species or something!" Ranbir grunted annoyed. He was watching something on TV to deviate his thoughts. Rhea's ad showed up to his dismay. As he scrolled through his ig feed, they were facts about split personalities and multiple personality disorders. Everything disturbed his peace.

“What if Prachi is Rhea!" Ranbir choked. He laughed it off, but things suddenly started making sense to him.

Prachi and Rhea having same voice, hairstyle everytime, them living under same roof but their unspecified relation, him seeing Rhea's face when they were diving, Karan warning him repeatedly about getting hurt, Mr. Kohli acting as if she wasn't like any other human being,   everything made sense to him.

“What does dad know about Prachi?"

Flash back: 

Mr. Kohil, the CEO of agency was dedicated to his work and family, though he never came in contact with his artists or employees directly, he knew everything. He monitored everything.

After Prachi was removed from DarkRose band, they started looking for someone with good potential and personality.

Prachi was so stressed out and despised herself. Her mother's deteriorating health further ruined her mental health. She couldn't sleep or think normally. Even in dreams she saw her dreams crumbling. Her strongest desire to pursue her dreams at any cost, made her wonder what if she could have two personalities. One to live the life she dreamt of as an idol, and other to lead a  normal life, that is being herself. She wished a miracle could change her life.

It was Miss Presha who came to her rescue when she passed out on road. She introduced herself as an abandoned mother, working hard to make the ends meet to Prachi. Surprisingly she was new neighbour of Prachi in her PG too.

Soon the secret auditions for DarkRose member began and Rhea was one of the participants.

Her voice, command on tone, guitar playing skills, her style, attitude everything left the judges in awe. Ranbir's father
Mr. Kohli being one of them.