5. GAIN ONE - LOSE ONE

“You both will end up breaking down!" Karan said frankly.

“I love him, I love him so much. I can't afford to lose him. I just want to ignore reality for a while, and cherish these moments." She said.

“He might give you a chance, but what about Rhea? He can't date someone whose personality switches from time to time!"

“I know that, and no matter how much I try to run from reality, fear haunts me every night." Only Prachi knew how anxious she felt at every night.

Though she knew it wasn't right, she wasn't wrong either. She had every right to love and live happily. Breaking up him is nothing but breaking herself into pieces.

 Breaking up him is nothing but breaking herself into pieces

The heart wants what it wants. You can't run away from feelings, especially when  you are madly in  love with the existence of  that person.

“Career or him, if you want to have one, you have to lose one." He didn't mean to criticize her, but he was right from his view.

Both meant the world to Prachi, she couldn't choose, couldn't let go of any.

...............................................................................

“Do you think my skin looks kinda dry?" Rhea asked Miss Presha the first thing the morning. “And, eyes are kinda swollen too!"

“Prachi might be having some tough time!"

“Could you tell her to have enough rest! Or maybe, I will just rest for a while." Rhea was partially worried about Prachi, priority being looking good.

Her traits dominated until evening and she took good rest. Ranbir wondered why there wasn't a single text from Prachi, especially her good morning.

The night she went for a brand endorsement shoot she signed up newly.

Zero texts and calls the whole day. Ranbir couldn't reach her, he couldn't contact Karan either as the formers' personal mobile ran out of battery. And he was out of station too.

“Is she alright?" He was anxious. She couldn't ping him whether or not she reached her home after they met near his office the previous day evening. He introduced her to Karan and they got along well. Prachi always  informed her whereabouts but before she could, her mobile ran out of battery and soon Rhea's traits took control.

He had no idea what he was supposed to do. The world wasn't a safe place for women and he knew it very well.

He wasn't possessive or negative thinker, but the bad experience his fellow colleague had was making him impatient.

Not so long ago he happened to bump into a monester trying to drag his colleague into a car, when she was walking to bus stop late at night after long working hours. He pushed her away and flew as Ranbir rushed to the scene screaming.