Ch.44

His bright purple eyes bore into mine with his ill content clear in them. I might not survive tonight I thought, but that didn't matter because my mother and little sister were not even twenty feet away from me completely helpless.

I needed to do this. I need to kill him once and for all.

His devil laughter cut my pep talk off and I glared at him. "Little Nessa did you really think I had died that easily? My two sons made a mistake in killing me... they failed to realise that I would regenerate, and it only took a little bit of time." He explained taking a step towards me.

I jerked back and jumped out of his reach, "Leave me alone." I demanded. I was shaking from fear when he reached his large hand out and trailed a finger down my face.

Nate.... I need you. Please! Your Father is here in Asgard.... he's right in front of me. I reached out desperately to Nate and waited for a response. I could hear footsteps getting closer to my position, it sounded like a whole herd of people were heading towards us.

It was now or never...

I finally snapped out...of my stupor and screamed. Surprisingly Thanos jumped in surprise and dropped my sword.... Crap.

I slid under his huge arm and dashed for the exit but I ran smack into an invisible wall. I turned back to Thanos and found him watching me intently. "Why are you doing this!" I screamed at him.

His purple eyes flickered in amusement. "I do not need a reason to kill. I do not need a reason to inflict terror upon you and my sons of course." I swallowed painfully and felt anger surge within me.

"How dare you...." I screamed at him. His face resonated in surprise at my out burst. I felt a fire swirl in me and dropped to my knees feeling overwhelmed. I could barely get up so there was no way I was able to defend myself.

Thanos stomped towards me and stopped in front of me. "It amazes me of the power that you have the potential to wield. But you have no control over it." He clamped his hands around my neck and my feet left the ground.

"Such a waste." He muttered as his hands started to glow purple. My neck started to heat up fiercely and I screamed in pain. (Sorry for interruption, but do you know what movie I'm referring to? Tell me in the comments.)

"Nessa!" I twisted hard and out of the corner of my eyes I saw my father banging on the invisible wall that separated us. Tears leaked out of my eyes and I summoned all of my strength. "I'm sorry..." I mouthed to him. I knew what I had to do.

Then I released all of the energy pent up inside of me. There was a tremendous explosion and everything went dark....

Third Person POV

After the explosion of raw power nothing remained of Nessa and the evil Titan. "No bodies, or persons, just faint burn marks of the area in which they were standing.

The invisible barrier that once separated Loki, and the royal guards from the room dissolved and he ran in distraught. What just happened? Was the question that was on his and every person's mind in the room.

"Loki!" his head whipped in the direction of the bathroom and he ran to it. He stopped as he yanked the door open and gazed down at his wife.

In her arms she cradled a small sleeping newborn baby. He dropped down to his knees as tears ran down his face. "Are... you okay? Is the baby okay?" he choked out. Circe nodded her head and looked down at the baby. "Its a girl..." she whispered.

Loki let out a sob and hid his face in his hands. Circe already knew what he would say before he even uttered those two devastating words. "Loki where is she? Where is my baby?!" she cried. Tears pooled in her eyes as she waited for an answer.

"She's gone..." He said in pain. Circe sobbed in horror and hugged her youngest daughter close.

The people watching the two parents grieving over their newly lost princess found themselves crying softly. In the short time she spent in Asgard she was well loved by everyone.

On Titan

A messenger boy ran through the hall with an urgent message that had just arrived. The guards opened up the doors of the throne room and he continued on without even stopping.

The boy hastily bowed in front of his King and Nate motioned for him to stand anxious for the news. "News.... from... Asgard has arrived. In an attack yesterday from the Frost Giants..." the boy swallowed harshly before continuing.

"Princess Nessa was presumably murdered by The Titan Thanos." The messenger finished. He watched his King's reaction carefully in fear of retaliation. King Nathan seemed almost frozen from the news.

"Presumably?" he whispered holding onto some hope that Nessa was still alive. She had to be... she had to be still alive... "There were no bodies found at the scene." the boy informed him. Nate sat up.

"So there is a possibility that she is still alive?" he questioned his messenger. "Judging from the amount of power she used. It is not possible." He told him sadly.

Nate shook his head. Only one person would be able to know if she still was alive. And that person was Death herself. His mother.