Ch.49

Hi guys... I haven't been able to bring myself to update since a few changes have been made to my kindle. The Wattpad app got updated and I really find it difficult to write in this type of format. So I'm going to do the best I can. I am also in the midst of a really big move, so if you guys could be patient with me for the next month or so that would be great. Any people from Maryland out there?

.

.

.

A month later

I sat up lazily in bed and rubbed my eyes tiredly. It was about four in the morning and I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep after waking up so I got up and put on a dress.

I decided to go barefoot and I left my room to Malin's room. Now that she was about five months old she had a separate room from my parents and didn't need to be constantly checked on. In fact she was awake now.

When she heard me enter the room Malin stood up on her chubby legs and hung onto the bar babbling in her baby talk. "I don't understand you but I'm pretty sure you want to get out." I whispered to her.

She smiled at me and stuck a finger in her mouth. "You wanna go see Sleipnir?" I asked her not expecting an answer. She let out another series of babbles so I guess that meant yes.

I lifted her out of the crib she was in and changed her quickly before heading out. I left mom and dad a note so that I no search and rescue teams were sent after us.

As we walked down the hallways I whispered to her about just random things. She was surprisingly a good listener. Her bright brown eyes swept over our surroundings curiously and she seemed to enjoy being out early in the morning.

I guess Malin was a morning person.

.

Once I got down to the stables I saddled up Sleipnir all while keeping a close eye on Malin who siting a pile of hay nearby. Sleipnir and I had a system, if she moved from the pile he would snort and I would have to turn around and set her back down.

Finally I just got annoyed and thought about the Mobi wrap that Tony had for Mila when she was a tiny baby. Using a bit of magic I finally got Malin to stay in one place perched on back. She was happy with that arrangement and played idly with my hair while I made sure Sleipnir' s saddle straps were tightened.

Just before dawn I rode out of the palace gates and gave Sleipnir free reign to explore. He knew of the place more than I did.

I flipped Malin around and so she could face out and see the world around her. She happily watched the little rodents that scattered in and out of the tree line that Sleipnir lazily walked on.

At one point we reached a cross in the rode and Sleipnir did not move. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "There's an injured wolf baby in the way." He says. I frowned and leaned ahead and gasped when I saw a little wolf pup with an injured leg lay on the road.

I looked around and saw no mom around so it must have been abandoned.

I quickly hopped down and approached it carefully so that it didn't get spooked. I bent down and Malin started to fuss. "Sssshhh." I whispered picking up the little pup. Malin focused on it and reached out with a chubby hand.

I watched as she grasped its injured leg with her tiny hands and seemed like she was in a lot of concentration. Her hands grew red and the little puppy started to bark. In seconds it stood shakily on its legs as a test then it started to run around.

Malin watched it closely and then giggled happily when it ran in circles around us as a thank you. I turned and looked at Sleipnir. He shook his mane in delight and sent Malin into another giggle session.

"Do you make puppies feel better?" I asked her playing with her little fingers. She leans down and bites my hand. I gently pull my fingers out if her mouth and stand up. With one hand I hoist us up into Sleipnir's saddle and we continue on.

The whole time we walked the little pup followed us. It was mid morning when we decided to go back and I made another decision to let the puppy follow us home. Malin had taken a liking to the little guy so I named him Malkin just another variation of her name.

He would most likely grow up to be bigger but very protective of Malin. We stopped in the meadow on the way back and I let Malin out of the wrap. She crawled around and Malkin trampled around next to her.

She stopped crawling and sat with her legs crossed under her. Malkin hopped into her tiny lap, placed his head on her knee and fell asleep. I smiled at the two of them and crossed my legs too to get comfortable.

This chapter will just be short and sweet. I'll most likely update this weekend. School ends for me next week, but I still need to get my "affairs" in order and turn stuff in.

Have a great day!