Ch.61

“Uh... We're going to go down to the cafeteria. Boys get out." My mom pushing pushing everyone out of the room everyone out of the room. Nari handed me Michael and took Malin. Malin kicked her feet angrily and reached out to me. I gave a her a sad smile but didn't stop Nari.

The door clicked shut softly and I tucked Michael's blankets back over his arms. He closed his eyes and fell back asleep after a minute. When I looked up Nate was still watching me from the door.

I reached over and placed Michael back in his bed before I opened my arms up to him. He slowly trudged across the floor and kneeled on the floor. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and he laid his head on my tummy.

We stayed that way for a awhile until I noticed his shoulders start to shake. He began to sob in my arms and all I could do was hold him.

“I'm sorry... I'm so sorry.." He sobbed. I blinked back my own tears and kissed the top of his head. “Its okay... you're here now that's all that matters." I told him. He lifted up his head and I wiped away the tears that littered his cheeks.

His gaze held mine for a second and I leaned in and kissed his lips. Familiar warmth spread across my lips and all the stress of today melted away.

We broke apart and I leaned my head against his. I closed my eyes and let his close proximity calm me. There was something that connected us together. It was our bond that made us that way we are today.

It was our love for each other.

Nothing could ever keep us apart... not even Frost Giants. I reached up to run my hands through his hair like I usually do and for the first time I noticed that he had cut it.

“What happened to your hair?" I asked frowning. It was like when we were younger short and close to his scalp. Almost like Fenrir's but it had a little bit more length to it. He reached up and touched it. “I was fighting a giant and the bastard caught the edge of it and cut it." He explained.

I slapped his shoulder and he looked up at me startled. “What?" He asked. I glared at him and pointed over to Michael. “The baby can hear you quit with the language." I scolded him.

He held up his hands and looked over at Michael sleeping. I let go of Nate and reached into the bassinet. Michael grunted as I lifted him out and into my arms. I adjusted his little hat before handing him to Nate.

“Its time you meet your son." I said as he took Michael into his arm. Nate frowned and looked at me. “Son? I thought the midwife said it was a girl?" He asked lifting up Michael's blankets.

I nodded just as Michael sneezed, almost scaring Nate half to death. “Is something wrong with him. What did I do?" He hissed in confusion. I laughed and laid a hand on his arm. “Babe he's fine... He just sneezed." I reassured him.

Nate relaxed and I continued to talk. “You should have imagined the surprise that I felt when we were in the car and Ryan held him out to me." I said taking Michael's hand.

“In the car?" Nate echoed. I nodded to his further surprise, “Yeah, little Michael didn't want to wait to get to the hospital. Ryan delivered him, so I gave him Ryan's name as his middle." I told him.

Nate nodded numbly before smiling. “Michael Ryan Seaders, I like it..." Michael whined in his arms and turned his face to his chest. He opened his mouth and I laughed. “He's trying to eat me." Nate whispered in surprise.

I took him and unbuttoned the part of my gown that started at my shoulder. After Michael got settled I looked up and saw Nate staring in wonder. “What?" I asked adjusting Michael so he wasn't hurting my arms.