Chapter 33 Shopping Spree

Today's is the day of the week where Diego has to go into work with my dad meaning I'm all alone.
I was In the same thing I was wearing yesterday seeing as I could not be bothered to go in the shower or get dressed. I waddle my way to Donovans room making sure to knock first. "yeah" he says meaning I can come in. "hey I was thinking ummm could you give me Laylas number" he smiles at me.

"what for?" he asks. "well Diego's at work and I'm bored so I wanted to see if she wanted to go on a shopping spree with me for baby clothes because all of baby girls clothes are still unisex from when we didn't know her gender"

He smiles. "yeah of course" I hand him my phone he quickly types the number in and I thank him and leave. I go back in bed and text him.

Me:
Hi this is isabella, Donovan sister in law

She responds nearly immediately

Layla:
Oh hi how are you

Me:
I'm great but my boyfriends at work and I'm bored so I thought maybe we could go to the mall together and looks for some baby clothes.

Layla:
Yeah of course I'm free whenever

Me:
OK cool meet me outside my place in maybe two hours.

Layla:
OK ill see you there

I put my phone down and quite literally raid my wardrobe for a half decent outfit that fit over my bump but surprise surprise there wasn't one I decided to give up and shower first and that exactly what I did. Once I'm done I wrap my body in my robe as I let my hair air dry. I put on some makeup up which I haven't done in like 3 months.

After I'm done I look in Diego side of the closet for anything I could wear when I came across one of my very old maternity dresses if was stretchy and just about fit. It isn't the prettiest but I can style it.

To style it a bit I put on my jordan 1 acclimates in brown and a really old varsity jacket of Diego

Once my hair was semi dry I brush it out something I haven't done in a while which meant it was really fucking knotty

Once my hair was semi dry I brush it out something I haven't done in a while which meant it was really fucking knotty. I curl it before putting it into a slick back bun.

There was a knock on the door. "come in" Donovan walks in shirtless which isn't a big deal nearly all the men walk around shirtless and no I don't stare unless there name starts with a d end with an o and had ieg in the middle.

"just go off the phone with lay she said she will be here in like 10" my eyes grow wide. "Shit I need to get Tony ready I didn't know I took that long" Don gives me a weird look. "what do you mean isn't it a girls day thing" I nod. "yeah but when your baby daddys at work and you have a toddler you gotta take them with you." i say but he just tuts. "my mum dad Briana and myself are here he will be fine and I will personally look after him" I smile. "thank you so much I owe you one"

"oh please you can repay me by birthing my niece" I smile wider. The things Him and diego say are  so similar it's scary. My phone pings.  It was a text from the layla that said she was outside. "do you think Diego will be mad if I take his card and not tell him until Ive spent hundreds of dollars on it" I ask myself.

I shrug taking the card and heading Downstairs.

I get into the car that was parked outside. "hey girly how are you" layla says with a smile. "im so good thanks" I say and she gives me a hug. "to the mall we go"

__________________

After a few hours of shopping we decided to have our 2nd break to get some Starbucks. I ordered a  caramel frap decaf with 3 shots of vanilla and extra caramel.

We got ourselves a table because we each had both our arms covered in bags. I got myself a 2 more maternity outfits and the rest of my bags are for babygirl where as layla had one and a half arms full of bags for herself and the other half was the rest of baby girls stuff.

"so tell me about Diego I've never met him and Don doesn't really talk about his family alot except for his nephew and parents" I smile.

"well Diego is my baby. Hes the sweetest more kindest man you will ever meet and I love him so much he is so easy to love and talk to. He cares about everybody he knows and he is the most loyal person ever he's funny and an absolutely amazing dad I would never admit it to him but Tony is the biggest daddy's boy and baby girl is already stealing my man." She smiles at me. Adoring my man."let's not forget he's so fucking fit he's so much taller then me he's hot and if his abs were edible I would eat them off him" she laughs

"he sounds wonderful just like you" I smile. "because he is wonderful"
She takes a sip of her coffee. "so have you got a name for you baby yet" she ask. "yeah her names going to be Azailey mara Romano" she smiles.

"I love that name oh my gosh. Anthony and Azailey" I smile at her.

"you're skin is like awfully amazing what make up do you use" she looks confused.

"I don't use makeup I've been natural since I was like 15 I don't even use lip oils quite literally vaseline." my jaw drops open and she laughs.

________________

After a few more hours and a few more dollars spent layla dropped me off home before saying goodbye and leaving. I walk in and leave the bags near the steps seeing as carrying about 30 bags were cutting off the circulation in my arms.

I walk into the living room where everyone was including Diego who looked me up and down. "hey" he says and I smile. "hi love" his eyes continue looking me up and down. "you look awfully good where you been"

I roll my eyes playfully. "out with a friend" his eyebrows raises. "does this friend happen to be boy." i giggle. "OK right now your acting my like a dad then a boyfriend and no it was a girl why would I go out with a boy wearing a varsity jacket that smells like you and pregnant with a child that is half of you" I say shaking my head and he smiles.

"I was with a friend we went to the mall and did some shopping." he nods. I hesitate but hand him his card he looks at the card then me and then back to the card. He takes his card and puts it in his pocket. "sorry" I say and he smiles shaking his head saying that he doesn't care.

"how much did you spend" ugh dreading this part. "900 maybe a grand" his eyes widen. "A THOUSAND DOLLARS" everyone looks at us shocked. "yes I literally bought 2 things for me the rest of it was for Azailey and the food that I ate that fed Azailey I also got Anthony some more shirts"

"I mean that's alright then as long as you didn't by anything stupid like the last time and it is for my babies so yeah it's fine" he smiles and I smile back.

"you can have a baby hall late" I say and he smiles once again