Regression

Nancy and Jonathan could tell that Steve had been stressed and riddled with anxiety ever since everything happened with his 'parents'. He's been having nightmares and he's now even scared when someone knocks on the door, terrified that his so called parents were here to come and take him away. He would literally run to who ever was closet to him and try and hide from them.

"Mornin' honey" Nancy coos. All the stress had made Steve regress to about 10/12 months but they didn't know that yet.

"Mama" Steve smiles at her.

"We ready for some breakfast?" She asks him. Usually Steve would've responded but he didn't, Nancy was a little concerned but didn't push as she just thought that maybe Steve didn't want to talk much today.

"You comin'?" Nancy holds her arms out for Steve, who immediately smiled and put his arms out so Nancy could pick him up.

"Mornin' bud" Jonathan greets them both once they got downstairs.

"Dada" Steve reaches for him, which he happily accepts. They sat him in his highchair before giving him breakfast where he decided to use his hands instead of his spoon.

"Steve, we don't use our hands, you know how to use a spoon" Nancy scolds him lightly. He looked at her with a sad face before pouting and then crying. Jonathan and Nancy share a look before Jonathan gets him out and soothes him.

"May I try something?" Karen asks.

"Sure" Jonathan passes him over and Karen sets him down on his feet, only for Steve to lower himself on the floor and crawl back over to Jonathan to pick him up.

"Just as I thought, he's regressed, probably about 10/12 months" Karen casually says.

"What?" They both look at her.

"It's probably the stress from the Harringtons that he regressed a little bit smaller" she says as she smiles at the baby.

"Oh, that makes so much more sense now" they eventually had breakfast before Jonathan goes and gets him dressed.

"What shall we wear today?" Jonathan grabs some clothes as well as a nappy before lying Steve down on the bed. He changes his nappy before putting him into a short sleeve white bodysuit, a pair of black leggings, a brown Winnie the Pooh oversized jumper and a pair of white bear socks.