O14. THEIR INTERTWINED SOULS

CHAPTER FOURTEEN. ✧˖*°࿐
❝ THEIR INTERTWINED SOULS. ❞

[ please vote! (๑˘ᵕ˘) ]▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

[ please vote! (˘ᵕ˘) ]
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"Can I see her?"

Neteyam looked at Ronal, the woman having been by her daughter's side, taking care of her and checking up on her.

Ronal eyed him before moving aside, watching the boy head immediately to her eldest daughter's side, sitting beside her.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Emea coughed out, smiling a little up at Neteyam who grabbed her hand. "Don't tell me, you miss the presence of the best person ever, huh?"

"I don't miss Ao'nung," Neteyam mumbled to her, chuckling at coming to hear her dramatic gasp that made her cough. He immediately panicked. "Be careful, Emea."

"Be careful," Ronal rushed to her daughter's side. As soon as she made sure Emea was okay, she cleared her throat. "I'm going to check up on your father. I'll be back."

"Okay, mother," Emea nodded and smiled at her, watching at her leave. She turned to stare at Neteyam. "So, what's going on in the outside?"

"Well, we followed Lo'ak to the tulkun, Payakan," Neteyam nodded at her shocked face. "I know. It seems to be like he's telling the truth. But, your parents found out. Your father is very... scary."

Emea chuckled at his words and nodded. "Yeah, I bet. My father is very stern about that type of thing. But, is Tsireya and Lo'ak okay?"

"Your sister got yelled at," Neteyam told her, watching the way her face fell. "Lo'ak, well, he got in trouble again. And you, don't blame yourself for your sister getting yelled."

"I am blaming myself but it's not about me," Emea looked at him in the eyes. "My sister and your brother do not need to be belittled down for their actions."

"You are sick and you are thinking about my brother and your sister?" Neteyam asked and she looked away. He sighed and tightened the grip on her hand. "You need to worry about yourself, Emea."

"Do you know what happened?" She asked him. "No one is telling me anything."

Neteyam shook his head. "The Sky People went to one of the other villages, looking for myfamily. It wasn't good. The village was burnt down. That's why you felt what you felt."

Emea felt tears escape her eyes. She closed them and couldn't fathom to imagine what her people had gone through. The pain she felt was nothing compared to what they were feeling. It couldn't compare.

"They burnt their homes?" Emea looked at Neteyam and he could feel a pain ignite at his chest at seeing her so vulnerable. She really loved her people. "How could they?"