OO1. UNWANTED VISITORS

CHAPTER ONE ✧˖*°࿐
❝ UNWANTED VISITORS. ❞

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Emea loved feeling the water against her skin.

Every animal that she swam with always ended up following her, almost as if they, too, feel the love she has for the water and the loyalty she has to each one of them.

She was connected, in a way, to what she was born to be in. She felt every single thing that the animals felt and she felt pain when animals went with Eywa. She had such a spiritual connection to nature and that's why her people believed in her. They believed in her future leadership, in the warrior she has become at such an age, but Emea feels like she could be better.

As she came back home after a long swim, the people immediately came to her. Some with worried expressions and some with disbelief.

"What's wrong?" Emea asked, confused as to why her people looked at her and not her father. She was still the clan leaders daughter. "Are you all okay?"

"Father is asking for you."

Emea caught the eyes of the culprit who spoke. Her brother, Ao'nung, stood not so far from her with a stance straight, his face serious. She was almost afraid to know the cause behind it but, she also put a stoic expression on her face that only Aonung could tell was pretty much fake.

They walked towards their father and Emea smiled at every animal swimming underneath her feet. She looked around for her dad but, it was only a matter of time before she noticed her dad surrounded with people near her pod.

"Do I need to be worried?" Emea questioned, sensing something more. If only she had come earlier to understand what the tension on the air was.

Ao'nung didn't reply. What a way to make it more dramatic.

"My daughter will not take this lightly, by the way."

Emea furrowed her eyebrows together at the words she heard her father say. She continued to follow Ao'nung to where her pod stood only to stop, her eyes remained on the figure of her sister's. She squinted as she watched her talk, her fingers tentatively placing a strand of hair behind her ear. A pod blocked the view of the person she was talking to and Emea wished for it to disappear so she could see.

"And why is that?"

"Our eldest," she heard her mother speak in a stern tone, "is not someone who takes changes to heart. When she sees your family, do not expect her to smile at you."

"She will kill you all," she managed to hear next from her brother's friend, Rotxo. On the other hand, Ao'nung continued to walk, already annoyed enough that he didn't care where his sister was and didn't care what she did.

"Stop it, Rotxo," Tsireya defended her sister. "She wouldn't do that. She's just a bit closed off."

"Where is she?"

Emea's ears perked at the new voice, stepping close and not hearing anymore. She walked ahead, placing one foot in front of another to not make a noise.

"She—"

Her senses heightened as soon as she saw a blue figure, nothing like her people, get closer to her sister. Then there was another. Before she knew it, she was on top of a boy, knees on each of his sides with a knife close to his throat.

"Who are you?" She asked, glaring at him and she immediately heard footsteps tapping on the floor.

"Emea, get off the boy!" Her father exclaimed and Emea stared at him, yellow eyes meeting her own. The boy could only stare at her and her knife lowered at the way he looked at her. "That is a command."

Emea did so and she stood next to her father, eyes glancing at the new blue figures rushing to the boy on the floor.

"Get up," one of them said and the boy did so, head hanging low.

"I apologize," Emea looked down at the floor, too, putting her knife away. "If I would've known that my parents knew of you, I wouldn't have done that."

"Do not apologize," a woman spoke, glancing at her son who stared at the girl. "Our son shouldn't have gotten close to your sister, which is why, I assume, you did what you did."

Emea curtly nodded and her father sighed. "This is our eldest daughter, Emea, the future leader of our people. She is spiritually connected to the water and to what lives in it. If you have any questions, she is someone who is relied on."

"She can help the children, right, Emea?" Her mother asked her and the girl nodded, her gaze at the floor before she straightened her posture to look at the others.

"Yes, mother."

"Thank you," the tallest figure of the family spoke. "These are my children: Neteyam," the boy nodded at her, "Kiri, Lo'ak, and Tuk."

The youngest girl waved at her with a smile, her hand held by her mother, Emea assumed. Emea couldn't help but smile a little.

"Nice to meet you all," she spoke and Neteyam stared deep into her soul, resulting in Tsireya nudging him. He stared at her and she glared at him softly, her protectiveness appearing. "It is an honor to have you here. I hope you enjoy the water and I'm sure the animals will trust you. Excuse me."

They all watched as she made a dive to the water, her figure disappearing. They all stared at her parents who watched their daughter with a fond look.

"Are you hurt?" Tonowari asked Neteyam who shook his head.

"I'm okay."

"Do not think you did anything wrong," the man softly spoke with a softer gaze unlike his wife's. "My daughter is just overprotective of her sister and brother. But, I do trust you all not to hurt the animals. My daughter will hurt."

"We won't."

Neteyam could only stare at the water, his mind wandering back to her eyes who were so beautiful. The eyes that although held such anger, were so ethereal.

He was on the brink of death but yet he felt very much alive.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Merry Christmas 🤭 or happy
holidays!

I truly didn't think this book was gonna
get enough views or votes or comments,
but it did and I'm very appreciative.

Thank you <3