O12. EMEA'S SPIRIT SISTER

CHAPTER TWELVE. ✧˖*°࿐
❝ EMEA'S SPIRIT SISTER. ❞

[ please vote! (๑˘ᵕ˘) ]▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

[ please vote! (˘ᵕ˘) ]
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"So, we don't like Spider?"

"No, no, no, he's family. So we like Spider."

Emea and Neteyam sat in front of one another by his family's home. They were all currently relaxing while the two stayed out to talk.

"Hmm, so he's part of the Sky People?" Emea tilted her head out of confusion and Neteyam nodded. "Why would you want to be friends with him if his dad tried to kill your dad?"

"He was a baby and he didn't have parents so my parents took him in," Neteyam explained and she let out an "ah" as she understood. "I'm sure you'll like him."

"Mmm," she hummed. "We'll see. But wait... if he got taken by his father again, wouldn't he give up any type of information on where your clan is?"

Neteyam thought about it. Would his dear friend do that? He could only look at her. "I don't know. Let's hope he doesn't."

They both stayed quiet, enjoying the sound of waves. He looked at her and she looked at him as soon as she came to notice his gaze set on her.

"What?"

He smiled and looked down at his hands. "Nothing, nothing."

"You know," Emea started, looking away, "you stare at me a lot."

"You've noticed?" Neteyam glanced at her, looking back at the rock he was playing with. She hummed at his question and he stared. "If you feel uncomfortable, I can stop."

"I don't mind."

They both smiled at one another and before Neteyam could speak, they heard a horn that caught their attention. They both stood up and Emea smiled widely at coming to see what the commotion was.

"What was that?" Emea heard Tuk ask from behind her.

"What's going on?"

"The tulkun have returned!" Tsireya yelled, catching the attention of her sister. "Our brothers and sister have returned."

"Come on! I want you to meet my spirit sister," Emea grabbed Neteyam's hand, making them both jump into the water. Emea's ilu immediately came to her and they both held on, heading towards the animals everyone went to.

As they got close, they swam upwards. Neteyam's laugh could be heard while Emea was too preoccupied and excited to find her spirit sister.

"Where is she?" Neteyam asked and Emea looked around before spotting the familiar animal not too far from her, showing off her skills by jumping.