Chapter 11: New Year, New Confessions

Five days later, the awaited 31st of December finally came. The three Powerpuffs were getting ready for the party, clueless about what to wear.

"I can't believe he would even think something like that! "Ain't like the church parties"?! I know that! Why does he think of me as some prudish, stuck-up, naive-"

Buttercup grumbled as she searched her closet for something to wear. Blossom laughed at her sister's behavior, zipping up her dress.

"Since when do you care what anyone thinks of you?"

Their blonde sister laughed as well, brushing out her hair.

"Since when do you care what Butch thinks of you?"

The green Puff turned around in shock, looking at her sisters. Even if she would deny it, they knew she was acting differently.

"What?! No, I- Why would I care what that jerk thinks?"

Her sisters laughed it off, getting ready for the party. This time, the girls went all out on their looks and put actual effort into their outfits, contrasting the Christmas party. Buttercup wore a ruffled short green dress and some black boots. Blossom also went with her signature colors and wore a pink dress that went a little above her knees, with a big bow on the back, and paired with some heeled sandals. Bubbles wore a dark blue dress that perfectly complimented her big eyes and paired it with classy white heels. The three sisters looked incredible, ready to party!

Once they were getting ready to fly to the party in their driveway, Blossom looked at Buttercup, confused:

"Hey, uh, did anyone send you the party's location? The Ruffs didn't tell us anything!"

She was starting to worry that her poor planning would ruin everything. The middle triplet reassured her, checking the location on her phone.

"Yeah, a guy on my team gave it to me! I had to bribe him with a PB&J and 15 dollars, but it's worth it."

Fumbling with her phone, she finally found the address. As they cruised through the cold December air, Bubbles suddenly got deep into thinking.

"What's on your mind, Bubs?" The oldest sister asked, dying for some conversation. Even though she would never show it, Blossom was very anxious about this party and desperately needed to get her mind off it.

"Do you think the Rowdyruffs liked the Christmas presents we gave them?"

"Pfftt, yeah, 'cause those are the only presents they got!" Buttercup chuckled.

"Buttercup! Don't be mean! I'm also kind of curious about what they thought about them... I haven't seen them since the Christmas party!"

Blossom pointed out as the ravenette rolled her eyes.

"Knowing them, they probably threw it in the trash as soon as they saw that those were Christmas presents. Or that they were from us, for that matter. Take your pick! Although, they are the biggest dumbasses I've ever known... Maybe they never even found them!"

The youngest sister put a hand over her mouth in fear.

"Oh no! Do you think they'll be at the party, so we can ask them what happened and did they like it?"

"Are you kidding?! Bubs, these three are practically hosting this party! Okay, Princess Morbucks is the real host, but the Jojo's wouldn't miss this for the world!"

It was true - the three former villains had become so popular in the last four months that the whole school adored them. They somehow went from evil, friendless lowlives who the Puffs hated to okayish, favored idiots who the Puffs... Tolerated. And all that in such a little time!