Chapter 6: Newcomers On The Team

Buttercup's POV

It's been a week since our project, and Princess Morbucks and her squad still haven't let go of the whole situation. To tell you the truth, neither have I.

Even though it's bothering Bloss and Bubs, I can't let those girls get in my head. The basketball season just started, and I have to be on my best game since I want to go to the championship this year.

We didn't talk to the Rowdy Ruffs much this week. After we got an A on the project (the first A those losers got in their entire lives), we had no work with them, therefore didn't have to interact at all, thankfully. My sisters and I still thought about what the Professor said about how we had to get closer to them if we want to find something out. Gross!

I was on my way to the basketball court, blasting my music through my earphones when I saw Butch walking towards me, with a girl clinging to his arm. Surprisingly, I couldn't recognize the girl since she wasn't one of Princess Morbucks' friends.

To avoid them, I put the hood of my grey hoodie on, put my head down, and started walking faster. My day was supposed to start great, and I'm not gonna let that ass of a guy and his so-called "date" ruin it.

As I walked past them, his larger shoulder brushed past mine, which made my hood fall off, revealing my now very annoyed face.

"Hey, watch where the hell you are going-" He exclaimed before looking me in the eyes.

"Oh, it's just you... Where are you running to, Butterbea?"

The girl he now shoved off gave me a death glare. As an expert on death glares, I give this one a solid 8/10 on the angry list, ten being the highest.

"Oh, so you know her Butchy-boo?"

Why does everyone call him that? It's the cringiest nickname ever!

Well, next to Butterbea.

Which I am gonna kill him for.

"Yeah, we.. We um... We kinda go to the same school.."

Yeah, Butchy-boo, I think that date of yours wouldn't be so into you if she found out that you know me because I was saving everybody from you!

"I'm going to the school's gym. I have some work to do. Well, have to go now, bye!"

I said, trying to get away from him as soon as possible. Plus, I didn't want to be late for the first practice! The coach would kill me!

Before I even got the chance to walk the heck away, he said:

"Oh, I'm going there too, so we're stuck walking together!"

At that, the girl he was walking with pouted.

"Ohhh, come on, Butchy-boo! Didn't you say you would walk me home before your practice thingy?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Your house is right there, Cindy, not even 100 meters away from us. Plus, I gotta get going".

The unknown girl left, and I am now really stuck walking to practice with Butch.

We walked side by side in silence, but I was curious why he would rather walk with me than with Cindy.

"Hey, where are you going? I mean, why are you walking with me to the school's gym?"

He shrugged.

"Same as you, I guess. Have some things to do, plus I have to meet up with someone."

We didn't talk much since both of us had our earbuds in. He was listening to music loudly, so I noticed which song he was listening to. I couldn't believe it: it was my favorite song!