Chapter 12

Ending the call Manik enters inside the mansion and looks at his parents who seem to be discussing something very important. He frowns when he noticed Mukti sitting opposite them and smirking staring at her. He chucked his thoughts away.

He made his way and placing his blazer on couch next Mukti and slapping her head earning a winch from Mukti who glares Manik turning back to her phone.

Manik sitting down glanced at his parents who stopped talking and looks at Manik. Neyonika immediately stood up and went to kitchen to bring a glass of water. Raj looks at Manik making him confused.

Manik : dad. What's wrong with you? Why are you staring at me weirdly? Are your eyes okay? Do we need to take you to a doctor for eye checkup?

Raj took a pillow and threw at Manik who douched down watching the pillow and kept behind his back.

Raj : probably you need your eyes to be checked up.

Manik : I don't think dad. My eyes are you so perfect. You tell me, why are you staring at me weirdly?

Raj opens his mouth to answer but stopped when he noticed Neyonika coming out of kitchen. Neyonika passed the glass of water to Manik who took it then gulps it down. He keeps the glass back and thanks Neyonika who smiles ruffling his hair.

Neyonika: manu, go get freshen up. I'll get dinner ready.

Manik nodded his head and taking his belongs went his room. He took shower and changing into causal he took his phone and went downstairs to see his mother serving his father and Mukti eating quietly.

He made his way to dinning table and pulling a chair sat down and looks at his mother who starts serving him. Neyonika serving Manik sat beside Raj.

They all starts having their dinner and in between Manik didn't fail to notice his parents sharing looks.

He frowns and clears his throat gaining their attention.

Manik : what is happening? Is there something you both need to share? I'm noticing from the moment I stepped inside the mansion there is serious discussion happening, mind sharing with me.

Neyonika and Raj shared a look at each other before looking at Manik. Mukti also noticed knowing where this conversation was going. She was really scared and worried about Manik's reaction.

Raj : Manik. You're right there is something we need to share with you. I have called you home early because I want to tell you something important.

Manik : dad, please tell me clearly. What's the matter? Don't riddle around but tell me.

Neyonika : manu, you have to promise us. You won't get angry and will listen to us before reacting or coming to any conclusion.

Manik sighs and drops the spoon and picking the glass of water and gestures Neyonika to speak.

Neyonika : Manik. I and your dad found a girl for you. She would he perfect to be your wife manu.

Manik chocked on the water and stares his parents dumbfounded. He looks at Mukti who rubs his back. He calms down and looks at his parents.

Manik : seriously mom. I thought I made myself clear on our last conversation about this. Mom
Please stop of this discussion before I lose my temper. I don't know what I will do. How can you decide that? How do you that girl is perfect to be my wife? I am not discussing any further about this.