Chapter 6

Holding a blazer in one hand and his other hand shoved in his pocket walks inside the mansion and could hear loud noises coming from living room.

He walks through and looks at his friends who chatted away with his parents. He sits beside his mother putting his belongs on side and placed his head onto her lap. She looks at him while running her hands into his hair. He looks relaxed.

Raj : what took you so long Manik? Look at the time. It's 8pm. How much do you work? Give a break now.

Manik : I learnt to from best dad. I can't let my company or people down. I have to work hard.

Everyone shook their heads at Manik and Mukti decided to change the topic. Manik hiding his face into his mother lap quietly listened to their conversation but he peeps out staring at Mukti when she mentioned about the plan meeting Nandini.

Mukti : guys, I have something to inform you all.

Cabir: why are you shouting ? Calmly say it Mukti.

Alya who was sitting next to cabir slaps his head and gestures Mukti to speak. Mukti glanced at Manik.

Mukti : Bhai are you free tomorrow?

Manik : no! I have fixed a meeting with my client. Is something happening tomorrow?

Mukti: can you please cancel the meeting?

Manik : I can't Mukti. What's so urgent about tomorrow? I can't cancel my meeting for anyone.

Mukti : please Bhai. We are going to meet Abhi's sister. I spoke to him and arranged a lunch with them. I assured them we will be there. Please Bhai.

Manik sighs and looks at Mukti before staring his friends who was hoping him to cancel the meeting.

Manik : what time is the lunch planned? And where are you meeting them? I can try to come there straight after finishing the meeting.

Mukti smiles and showed her teeth to Manik to which he chuckles.

Mukti : I'll text you the address Bhai later. I'm so excited for tomorrow. Guys be ready tomorrow. We are going to meet Nandini.

They all nodded their head and were very excited to meet Nandini.

Cabir : I'll bring navya with me. She wanted to see you guys and this will be good opportunity to meet you guys too and Nandini.

Alya : how's she? How is her pregnancy going on? I haven't spoken to her since last week. Is she okay?

Cabir : she is okay. Just pregnancy carving is too much and weird. She came back from her mom house yesterday.

Mukti: I still can't believe cabir will be a father within few months. I never thought we will see cabir getting married and becoming fathers so soon.

Cabir just laughs out making the rest chuckle at him. In all these Neyonika looks down at Manik who was lost in his thoughts. She wondered when will she get to see her son getting married. Her dream wasn't going to happen any time because her son isn't ready.  Her hope was shattering seeing how Manik spends his entire day in office.

Her thoughts were broken by Manik who calls her out. She looks at him caressing his hair gently.

Neyonika : shall I serve you dinner manu?

Manik : yes mom! I'll go and freshen up.

Neyonika nodded her head and Manik kissing her cheek stood up heading to his room.