14

Danielle

"I just wanna see you dance in slow motion"I screeched while soon letting off a laugh.

"Bitch you can't sing"Rachel chuckled.

We were at the nail shop getting our nails done. Can I be honest and say, these bitches had no clue on how to handle us gently.

"Ouch!"I exclaimed. This is the tenth time this lady poked me with whatever the fuck was in her hand.

"You no move. I tell you too many times!" She yelled. Rachel gave me a 'yell at this bitch' look.

Who the hell did she think she was talking to? I was sitting perfectly still.

"No bitch you don't poke me no more"I snatched my hands away and stood up. "Let's go Rachel, we finna go to a nail place who know how to do nails"

•••

"Rachel it's about time I dyed my hair"I mumbled while looking in the window of some random car.

"Then let's go get it dyed, the fuck?"

"Bitch don't catch an attitude"I quickly said as we walked towards her car.

We both got in and I put my seatbelt on. Rachel was a horrible driver, I had no intentions on dying today.

We pulled up at the salon Rachel usually goes to. We both hopped out and walked inside the door.

"Hi welcome to miracle mist. How may we assist you?"The desk attendant greeted as we walked towards her.

The smell of flat irons lingered around the room. I almost choked on it.

"I was wondering if your available to do a dye on my hair?"I questioned while pointing towards my curly bun.

She reached under the table and pulled out a tray. It had loops of hair with each dyed a different color. "Which one?"

I scanned over them before stopping upon a color I really liked.

"This one"I smiled as I pointed at the honey blonde color. She nodded.

"Honey blonde?"She smiled.

"Yes"

"Alrightly. Well I have to find a stylist who is opened so sit in the waiting room and I'll attend to you shortly"She smiled. "May I get a name?"

"Danielle"I responded and followed her instructions.

Me and Rachel sat down in the waiting room talking about the changes that were gonna happen to my hair.

"Imma gonna miss you black hair"I faked cried while attempting to look at it.

"Shut up"Rachel playfully rolled her eyes.

I shot up my middle finger and she smacked down my hand. I gasped and rolled my eyes.

"So Rachel two months"I teased and she rolled her eyes while blushing.

"Shut up"She whined while covering her face.

"My baby girl gettin married in two months"I yelled a bit louder causing the people in the waiting room to turn towards us.

"Danielle"The lady stood with a clipboard in her hand.

"I'm right here"I said while getting up and walking towards her.

Rachel

Dani stood up and walked away. I sat back while admiring my ring.

It was so beautiful. I'm so grateful to have a man like Chase, but that makes me feel bad 'cause I'm having doubts.

Although I love him with all my heart, what if that fades. I shouldn't be feeling like this wasn't gonna last.

Danielle

After about two hours passed, they were done with my hair. I walked back towards the waiting room.

"Rachel let's go"I spoke. She seemed to snap out of a gaze.

"Hey that took quick"She sighed while standing up. Something seemed a bit off with her, maybe she was tired.

"Very"I nodded in agreement.

"You're driving"She sighed and tossed my the keys. I nodded and we walked outside to her car.

Rachel

As we were driving, I couldn't help but look at Danielle's purity ring. It was truly beautiful. Chase never really respected that I was doing the same. I assume because I wasn't as passionate as Dani was.

"We are here"She sighed.

We pulled up to her house and saw August and Chase smoking. Danielle rolled her eyes. August know that she hates when he smokes, and Chase never smokes.

"Please put that up now"Danielle sighed.

***

Two month time skip

Danielle

I stood with tears spilling out my eyes. My best friend looked beautiful. She seemed nervous and a bit jumpy but I'm guessing that the wedding feels.

"I know pronounce, Mr and Mrs Chase Tyler" The pastor finished and everybody cheered. I

I was the maid of honour of course. I held Rachel's long trail as they walked down the aisle and the bridesmaids followed behind me.Chase and his groomsman followed behind him and we walked to the building as Chase and Rachel sat in the limo.They drove off .

•••

"Now it's time for the first dance"i said into the mic.

They got onto the floor and danced away. The swayed right and left and even shared a few kisses between the two.

I started to cry a little even more. I was so happy that Rachel was happy.  

When they finished everyone clapped. We danced the night away while eating food. It was a beautiful sight to witness them cut the cake.

Of course Rachel had to be the one to smash it in his face. They sat down at the table and I stood up and walked back towards the mic.

I began to say my speech, which made Rachel and me cry. When I finished, the rest of her friends and family said a couple of things.

The wedding sadly came to an end. I wanted it to last all night. Rachel and Chase were off to their honeymoon.

I decided to stay and help everybody clean up.

"You got work in the morning babe, it's time to go"August mumbled in my ear. I nodded and we both left out the building.