13

Danielle

"Ok I got so the color you want is a creamy white? Right?"I asked while looking at the list
of her request.

"Yes"Rachel nodded. She began to think and then gasped. "I want it big and beautiful too"

"Okay"I nodded. Her phone rung and she stood up.

She got up and walked out the front door. I guess it was her caterer. I closed my notebook and side. I shuffled to the kitchen and made me a Cesar salad. I sat down here on the couch and started to eat. It was raining hard as fuck outside which kind of made me nervous.

I had a fear of thunderstorms cause ultimately, it led to the power being cut off. And just as I thought it, a loud book was heard and my power shut up. Luckily my phone was by my side and I picked it up to call August.

"August please come over. The power cut off and I'm kinda scared of the dark"

"I'm on my way baby girl"He mumbled which brought some sort of relief over me.

"Okay"

I sat on the couch eating my salad,
curled up in a ball, scared for my life.The thunder boomed loud.

"Shit"I jumped.

I ain't moving no where until August is here.I need something to keep me distracted.I admired my purity ring and hummed songs. Minutes later I heard a knock at the door who I assume is August.

I looked out the window and it was August car.I opened the door and jumped on him.

"Thank God"I whined while hugging tight on to him.

"It's okay Dani"August chuckled while kissing me on the top of my head.

Lord knows how I'm afraid of the dark, real talk.

"Now, let's go to my house it has power"He suggested. I nodded and grabbed my phone and purse from the couch. I quickly ran back towards him.

I ran to his car before the lightning came

*

We drove to his house while listening to 'Post to be' by Jhene Aiko, Breezy, and Omarion.

"But you gotta eat the body like groceries"I
yelled while singing along to Jhene's part. August smiled and quickly glance over towards me.

"You can't sing to save your life"He smiled.

"Shut up"I rolled my eyes and playfully hit him.

"I'm playing"

We pulled up at his house and we both got out and walked to the door. I don't think I've been to his house since I was a maid.

He unlocked it and I walked in. The former chef finally pursued his career which I'm happy about. I insisted that August did not get a maid. I gave him the twenty-minute talk of how God gave him two arms and legs and that he should use them.

"So what you want to do"He asked while closing the door behind him and locking it.

"Um, I don't know"I shrugged hoping we wasn't gonna ask me for sex. I like August, but he knows that I'm saving myself.

"Oh"

"Guess what!"I perked in attempt to change the way this conversation was going.

"What?"he asked.

"I found a house near to yours so I'll be around here"

"That's great"He sighed. Did he have a problem with me moving closer?