ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗᵉⁿ

TW: drugs, and death
(Flashback)

As she parked outside her house, the amount of police cars had her heart beat outside her body. Leaving the bags of food in the car, she races up the porch and into the house.

"Ma'am, you can't come into the house. It's a crime scene." The officer held the 6 month pregnant woman back but she somehow managed to shove him out the way.

"Rio!" She shouted desperately, gaining the attention of many officers in the house.

"Ma'am-"

"I live here, damn it!" She held onto her belly as she ran as fast as she could, following the blood trail. Sweat had already formed at her hairline, the slight tremor in her hands, and the weak feeling in her knees.

But nothing compared to that as she walked into the bathroom. Blood was everywhere, the bath was filled, the sink was filled and for some reason there was blood dripping down from the ceilings.  Rio's body was being held against the floor, he smiled at her blood spilling out his mouth.

"It was for you, mami."

———————

She swallowed the rest of the water in the plastic cup, the cold metal table going through her bones. The officers decided that they would not handcuff her as they didn't want to send Paige into early labour.

"And he never said anything? Prior to leaving the house?"

She shake her head, "Is he okay?"

"The victim is-"

"No. Rio... is Rio okay?"  The officer paused, fixed his papers and  grunted.

"Mr Christopher is perfectly fine. Of course he will be charged-"