My personal opinion on AU's

Guys, this isn't to offend anybody who thinks these alternate universes are neat, it's just me ranting and praising concepts 🦈

Alright, let's start with:

The Pirate AU:
8/10

It's pretty neat, but combined with the Siren Au it could take away too much of what makes the different characters special.

Which brings us to...

The Siren AU:
7/10

There are three versions of it:

1.Sirens Kingdom
2.Sirens and pirates
3.Siren and human (Somewhat like Arielle)

My least favourite is the "Siren Kingdom" (as I call it), because it mostly fucks up the original characters. So it gets a separate rating of its own: 2/10.

The Royal AU:
5/10

It has, as far as I can tell, two versions:

1. They either copy and paste a fairytale or
2. They combine that concept with the original plot of the characters universe, which would be an 8/10.

The *insert another fandoms universe* AU:
1/10

Guys, that's like copy and pasting the fandom and putting in the characters of another. It's to 99% not only complicated to write, but also boring.

The Hanahaki Disease AU (yes, it's an AU):
9/10

Okay, in this case it literally depends on the writer and if it's executed well, it's most certainly a 10/10. Probably because it changes almost nothing in the original au.

The modern AU:
1/10

It's like putting pickles in fat, it tastes like crap. Changing the location is like putting fish on land and expect them to be able to live. Okay, there's a possibility that you can execute it, by concentrating on the characters, but since that has nothing to do with the location, why do it in the first place.

Also: It's not interesting, it's just the same story, but modern. Yaaaaay /s.

The Omega Verse AU:
5/10

If you feel like writing a story based on this au, please do me a favour and read the rules of this thing. Don't add stuff that offbalances everything.

Also: Don't make the alpha an abusive ass and don't make the omega completely dumb.

The Coffee Shop AU:
0/10

Have you ever seen a good version of this AU? Yeah, me neither.

It's always the same boring tale. Sigh.

The Body Swap AU:
7/10

The people who swap bodies are 99% enemies, who then become lovers? It's a solid 7, however I think if it was the other way around or they just become friends would also work.

The High School AU:
0/10

No. NO. NO!!!
It's like eating chocolate with salmons.
I absolutely hate it.

It's so tasteless and basic, I'd rather ram my fucking head against a wall or read a mordern au fanfic.

Do you like high school? No???????
THEN WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WRITE A STORY ABOUT THAT????????

Even worse: The characters personality has to get shredded at least 40%.

Please don't write about high school.

Write about them going on vacation, it has waaaaaay more flavour than this thing.

The Vacation AU:
8/10

It once again depends on the writer if it turns out to me good or not.
It's like the modern AU done right.
They don't need smartphones.
They should explore worlds together, while all wanting to see something different.

Okay, now that I think about it, it might not be as good...

The Gender Swap AU
5/10

It's just the same, but in pink/blue.
Nothing special unfortunately.

And my final words: PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF THE UNIVERSE. DON'T. CHANGE. YOUR. CHARACTERS. PERSONALITY. BECAUSE. THEIR. IN. A. DIFFERENT. UNIVERSE.

Thank you 👁️👄👁️🫶