"Enough mushy shit before it makes me puke"

Me, Five, and Klaus walk out of the hotel and Five pulls me aside.

"Vanessa can we talk about-"

I interrupt avoiding the conversation.
"Five Let's talk later Klaus is waiting."

I get in the car and sit in the middle of Klaus and Five.
I kind of regret kissing five I don't want to be all soft for some person. I despise what love does to people It makes them vulnerable, it makes them selfless enough to put their life on the line just for some stupid person and people may think that's beautiful but for me, it's not, love makes you crazy.
I snap out of my thoughts. We were already 30 minutes into our road trip.

"This actually isn't so terrible."
Five admits looking outside the window.

Klaus points to Five laughing.
"See? Told you. What makes this a hundred times better is little sparrow is tagging along."

I hate when he calls me that.

Five rants while looking ahead to the road in front of us.
"Come to think of it, my whole life I've been under the gun. Missions for Dad, working for the Commission, trying to survive the apocalypse. I was always looking around every corner, just waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's nice to just breathe."

I feel bad for him. It seems like he's been through a lot and to top it off he's 16.

"Good for you, man. Retirement is suiting you."
Klaus calm says

Five grabs the map and unravels it looking at all the places he marked.
"Oh! Uh... All right! So, I've circled all the roadside attractions along the way."

I look over at the map and spot something.
"Ball of twine? I'm most definitely looking forward to that."
Five looks over at me and I look back at him and we stare at each other but he looks away.

Klaus interrupts trying to get something out.
"I'm not sure we're gonna have time..."

Five continues looking at the map ignorantly.
"We have the Brownsville Big Nickel. Oh, Ricky's Bakery has award-winning pies."

Klaus slows down looking at Five with remorse.
"If you just let me explain..."

"Or there's this Cow Henge."

"That's it- Don't-"
Five smiles looking at his brother.

"Listen to me. Just shut up for two seconds, okay? Just two seconds?"
Klaus begins to tap his pointer finger onto the wheel while taking a moment to collect himself before saying his next set of words.

Five's smile fades and he tenses up again.
"All right? Okay, I'm all ears."

"We are going to Pennsylvania to find my birth mother. Yay!"

I scoff staring at Klaus outraged.
"Klaus you got to be kidding me."
I lay back feeling the coziness of the seat and sigh in disappointment.

"Excuse me?"
Five looks at Klaus hoping for this all to be a joke.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry. I just needed you guys to come with me for emotional support."

I dart my eyes at him not taking the news very well.
"What if I throw you out this fucking car Klaus?"

Five glares at Klaus while crossing his arms in aggravation.
"Oh, emotional support, like a Schnauzer?"

"I knew you two wouldn't come if I told you, so what was I supposed to do?"

Five scoffs completely losing his cool.
"You're goddamn right we wouldn't have come, Klaus. You know why? Because I am supposed to be retired!"