Chapter Eleven

The next morning Charlie went out and bought a house on the beach. It came fully furnished. We were there by nine and had finished unpacking what we had by noon. 

I was sitting on the couch reading The Hobbit and eating Mr. Noodles when my phone rang. Even with my sprained ankle I ran across the room, well it was actually a fast walk/hop type of thing, and grabbed my phone. Damon's name flashed across the screen and I pressed talk. 

"You called," I said breathlessly. 

He chuckled. "I had to make sure my girl was okay," he said. His voice was soothing. 

"You should visit me soon."

"I will as soon as the gang is settled into the new apartments. Expect me in a week."

I smiled at that. "We're living in a house that backs onto a beach."

"You like it there?" he asked. 

"It's pretty but I'd rather be with you."

"Woah babe don't get too attached. We only started being involved a few days ago," he laughed. I laughed at him. 

"Same old jerk huh?"

"And don't you forget it!"

"I don't think I ever could forget you or how much of a jerk you are," I teased. He laughed again. I heard voices on his end of the phone. It sounded like his siblings. 

"It'd be hard too."

"How are your siblings?"

"As horrible as they were when you were here. Maybe worse. Mom has actually locked herself and the baby in her room."

I started laughing. I could just imagine his poor mother locked away from all those boys. "Your poor mom. So what day are you going to come down?" 

"Well I was thinking Friday if that's okay?" 

"Sounds great."

"I have something to tell you when I get there."

"I can't wait."

"I've got to go now Cherry. One of the kid's is touching a vase and the scary part is I don't know which kid it is."

I laughed. "Alright. I'll talk to you later then. See ya Day."

"Bye Cherry." 

He hung up the phone right after I heard a crash on his side and multiple boys yelling. I laughed to myself before limping back to the couch and picking up my bowl of noodles. I shoveled more noodles into my mouth and picked up my book. Charlie entered the room and I dropped my book.