Chapter 07: Second Phase, Second Base! You're a Creepy Person!!

Written by: DreamerofClouds

***

Author's Note:

Hello, my darlings!! I am so sorry for not updating sooner; but, I got bogged down by unexpected events (i.e. college program applications and re-testing for my Rx exam T_T) and couldn't update sooner. However - I did manage to complete this chapter and made it super extra long again, so I hope you enjoy! Didn't include Illumi as much in this chapter, but he will appear in the next couple chapters. I promise!!

Also, another note to make. The picture on top is Breeder - a character you'll meet later in the chapter. Just to let you guys know, this picture is an original, and I haven't drawn in a while so it's not as good as I wanted it to be, but here's to hoping you like it anyway! XD

In any case, onward with the chapter!!

Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Dreamer of Clouds

***

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!!"

"Would you stop moving?!"

"But it hurts!" Leorio whined, as I kept trying to put medication on his very swollen cheek. "Can't you put it on any lighter?"

I rolled my eyes. "Any lighter and the medication wouldn't be touching you."

"But-!" he started.

I poked his cheek.

"KYEAAH!!" The poor nineteen year old squealed in pain and cried, which sort of made me feel bad...but he deserved it. I can't help him if he's uncooperative.

It has been about five minutes since Leorio and I got to the Second Phase site, and we've been arguing back and forth on how to treat his injuries. For the most part, I was patient. But, patience can only get me so far.

"Now, hold still." I reached for him again.

"I don't wanna," he whimpered, wiggling around like a squeamish kid who sat on something nasty.

I grabbed his jaw roughly and pulled his face close to mine.

"You're going to have to if you want your cheek to get better," I said. "Now hold still, you big baby."

"Jerk..."he muttered, though made no further attempts to pull away from me.

I swabbed all of Leorio's right cheek with the betadine solution I pickpocketed from Tonpa's messenger bag and examined it. For the most part, it was good. But, it looked like I missed a spot, just below his ear.

"Hold on a sec," I said, leaning in more.

"A-ah!" Leorio began to panic. "W-wait, Arie?!"

"Like I said," I slipped my knee in between his legs and gave him a firm look. "Hold still. Otherwise, I'll make sure you lose your boys."

"O-okay," he said.

I applied more of the betadine around his ear until the whole area was covered. Once I was done, I began bandaging his bloated face carefully. Leaning back, I observed my handiwork.

He looked like a mummy.

A very puffy, red-faced, adorable mummy.

"There you go," I said, patting his head.

"Th-thanks," he muttered in such a low voice that I barely heard him. "You didn't need to do that though."

"Of course I did," I replied, rolling my eyes before handing him small laxative-free water bottle. Again, something I stole from Tonpa. (You know, for a guy who loves to trick people, Tonpa was fairly easy to manipulate).