Chapter 7

I needed some space after my conversation with Lily. I dropped my new shorts in my room and headed down to the hotel lobby to relax by myself for a while.

I was about to sit down when I saw Haley curled up on an armchair, crying. Well, I guess I wasn't going to relax alone.

I walked over to Haley and sat down on the armchair opposite her and leaned forward.

"Haley, what's wrong?"

She sighed and wiped her eyes. "It's not something you'd understand Jason."

I smiled encouragingly. "Try me."

She sniffled and looked me in the eye. She looked like she was having an internal debate about talking.

Eventually, she gave me a small nod and sighed. "It's Josh. I really like him. But we've been best friends forever and he doesn't even notice that I'm a girl!"

"I'm sure he knows you're a girl!"

"Oh really? Well, when in the minivan, on the way to the hotel, he told me he had a crush on someone and-"

"-See! He does like you!"

"I didn't finish! Gosh Jason! You're a bad listener."

"Oh. Sorry. Please continue."

"Thank you. Where was I? Oh yeah! He told me he had a crush on this really pretty girl. Then he said, 'you're a girl right? How do I get her attention?' So I asked who it was and he said it was Katie Morris! Katie Morris! She's this kid who he had never even spoken to until they were partners for some stupid art project!"

She put her hands over her face and moaned in frustration.

"Hang on a second. When you were having 'girl talk' with Lily at dinner, was this what it was about?"

"Yeah. Why?"

I didn't reply. So maybe Lily wasn't avoiding me. Why the fuck did I spend $60 on sunglasses?!

Then I remembered the matter at hand. "Haley, why don't you just talk to Josh and-"

"No way! I'm not risking our friendship like that! He means way to much to me. Hey! You're sharing a room with him. Don't guy have late night banter about girls?"

"Uh no not-"

"Perfect! Just tell him how hot you think I am and then ask what he thinks about me? This is way better than Lily's plan!"

"What was Lily's plan?"

"To make me look really pretty and order room service and rent a movie while she and Mandy leave us alone."

"I like that idea. Why don't we go back to-"

"Remember exactly what he says! Or better yet, record it! This is gonna be perfect!"

She stood up and started walking away.

"I don't - Ahhh Haley wait!"

She was gone and I was stuck with the job of hooking her up with my best friend's brother.

*******************************************************************************

Author's note

Hey guys! Sorry about the short chapter. So you're probably wondering what Haley has to do with the plot line. Well, I'm not telling you just yet. Wait and see :P

Also, the awesome cover at the top was made by @mysterious_me97 so I'm dedicating this chapter to her.

You guys know what to do. Vote/comment/subscribe

Always,

AngelOfPen xx