Chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to @PARANORMALWRITER_ Thanks so much for the banner! You're the best xxx

*******************************************************************************

"So when do we leave?" I asked after everyone left, in the most enthusiastic voice I could muster (I knew that drama class in ninth grade would pay off).

"Tonight. Honey isn't this exciting? The flights alone cost nearly four months of my wages but it's going to be so fun!" she squealed and hugged me.

"Wait... tonight? but I have a beach party! Shame! I guess we can't-"

"Sweetie? Is something wrong? You go to beach parties all the time! This is New York! We've been talking about this forever!"

I sat down beside her on the couch and rested my head on my hands. "It's Lily. I can't spend two weeks with her! She's going to ruin everything"

"Oh I thought you two were okay now. I'm sorry sweetie, I didn't realise. But brighten up. I'll make sure you have fun alright?"

I just nodded and smiled at her. She was right! This was New York for Christ's sake!

So I headed up stairs and started packing. I took seven shirts (I can wear them all twice. No one would notice) and two pair of jeans. I didn't bother to pack shoes because I'd just wear the sneakers that were currently on my feet. I added fourteen pairs of sock and underwear. I also threw in some deodorant, aftershave, a razor, moisturiser and a pack of condoms. I didn't pack pyjamas because I'd just sleep in my boxers. Annnd that was it. Little life lesson ladies, packing is not that hard. It took me less than five minutes.

I sat down on my bed and took out my phone. 11 missed calls from Mandy. Shit. I called her back immediately.

"Jason." She sounded irritated. "So you're finally calling me back."

"I'm sorry Mandy! I didn't mean to ignore your calls. I just found out about New York and I just finished packing."

"Don't worry. It's cool. Did you remember to pack deodorant?"

"Mandy I'm not five! I know how to pack!"

"Okay! I was just checking! also did you pack a toothbrush?"

"... Uhh yeah" I ran to the bathroom and grabbed my toothbrush. "Yeah I'm holding it right now!" I threw it into my suitcase.

"You just grabbed it now didn't you?"

I sighed. "Where would I be without you Mandy?"

Fours hours and twelve verses of 'the wheels on the bus' later, we arrived in a huge minibus to Santa Barbara Airport. After removing all our luggage from the trunk, Mandy pulled me into a hug and squealed. "We're going to New York JaeBae! New York!!!" Then she started sing 'Empire State of Mind' (rap and all) which turned into Frank Sinatra's 'New York, New York' after we passed through security. She finally stopped singing only after we reached the gate.

Here's the thing, I'm terrified of flying. The last time I was on a plane, it was a low-cost airline to Nevada for my grandpa's funeral when I was ten. It was terrifying. I threw up twice and I swear the plane was creaking. The wings were literally seconds away from falling off. Anyway, the point is, I was really nervous and I didn't want Mandy to see me that way. I liked being her cool, tough boyfriend and if she knew I was scared of flying, she'd never let e hear the end of it.

So, as we boarded the plane, I decided to sit as far from her as possible. The only way I could do that, would be if i got on the plane last so someone else would take the seat next to her. And sure enough, Mandy took a window seat and Logan sat next to her with his fifteen year old brother, Josh, sitting in the aisle. I smirked and casually walked passed. Mandy didn't even notice. She was busy reading the inflight movie options to Logan. I sighed in relief. She never has to know. But then I looked at the only available seat left. Four rows behind Mandy, there was one available isle seat. In the same row there was a large, sleeping old man sitting by the window and next to him, Lily.

*******************************************************************************

Author's Note

Hey! So, Chapter 3 is go! Poor Jason. He always ends up stuck with Lily doesn't he. Well maybe it won't be so bad. who knows? Oh yeah, me :P

Anyway, vote/comment/subscribe

Always,

AngelOfPen xx