This Isn't How it is Supposed to be!

I lied in my bed just replaying the whole situation and moments that happened just now. I wonder if he was doing the same or did he just think of it as a mere truth or dare? I decided to go out to the balcony and get some fresh air. The stars are out tonight, I just smiled at my mini-flashback when we were all just eleven, we used to lie down on the grass and go stargazing at night. Treasuring little yet sweet things in life is my habit. Some things might not be precious but someday you'll look back into these memories and said to yourself, "Wow these things are the things that I ignore yet seem so precious to me now," I closed my eyes and made a wish as I used to for the past 16 years. "Star light... Shine bright... In this melodious night... If I might... wish for tonight... happiness with someone I love is my delight," I then opened my eyes and went back in to close the door and the curtains. Well I wish that tomorrow will be a nice day.

**NEXT DAY**

I woke up feeling happy as ever, but then as I pull out of my covers, the breeze that greet my skin isn't even a bit nice. It was freezing, and I dragged myself to pull away those curtains, grey sky and dark clouds were in my sight, pouring horrible rain. I pouted at the sight and drew the curtains back. I better get ready; mom and dad said that they'll announce something important to us today. And it's best not to keep them waiting. After taking my morning shower and cleaning, I wore a soft light blue sundress, to keep it nice yet free. I put on a pair of black flats to complete my attire and let my curly hair flowed down, it would be breezy today. Looking at the window made me think about wasting a whole day inside this boring castle when I truly can run around the garden with the whole gang. I sighed before making my way out of my room.

The lightings in this castle were bright, but certainly unable to lighten the sky outside. It was really quiet in the morning today, only the sound of the harsh raindrops slammed against the ground. I couldn't help but think that this was such a nice weather for sleeping and Sora might still be asleep, considering he's a quite heavy-sleeper, like I am though. I chuckled at the thought before realizing I've arrived at the main room. I gulped at the sight and started opening it slowly to make sure everything's fine. "E-Excuse me, may I come inside?" I asked from behind the door. "Come in dear!" My mother's sweet voice welcomed me in. I stepped in only to reveal our parents and Sora was sleepily sitting beside a calm-looking Roxas and across from them was Namine sitting alone. I took a seat beside Namine comfortably signaling her 'what's happening?' and she signaled me back with an 'I don't know' and we sat there in silence. Uncle Cloud cleared his throat, "Well, we collected the four of you here for a certain reason," He started. "We have been through this together several times and had made a satisfying equal conclusion," He said. "Kids, the main reason we called you here in this morning is that we were arranging your marriages," Aunt Aerith said. "WHAT?!" We all said in unison at the sentence. "Fear not my children! For we have been observing the way you socializes with each other and we won't really arrange you with the person you're not close to," My dad said. "So let's just see the results okay dear?" My mom reassured us. Physically, we were frightened to go against our parents' hopes and hard work and disappoint them. But mentally, we wanted freedom to choose who we love or who we don't! It's totally against our will!

I got blindfolded and being led into a room where they said: "Your partner would be exactly in front of you, no talking to each other! And on the count of three, the maid will immediately open them and in front of you will be displayed the person whom you're engaged to." That's the order we're left for and that we couldn't do anything but to do exactly what they said. The room went silent right now and I felt really nervous yet curious on whom they were planning to get me with. "One..." A voice said that made my stomach do a flip. "...Two..." My heart beats fast as the blindfold loosened, "Three!" That's it, no turning back. Everything went into my vision, bright blue eyes looked into mine, equally surprised. "Sora?" I asked. "(Y-Y/N)?" He tilted his head and blinked several times. "You're the one I'm going to be marrying?" I asked the boy. "What?" He grinned. "Sora, our parents engaged us in an arranged marriage!" I told him panickly. "They do?" His eyes went wide and became more confused. "Don't you listen to them just now?" I asked him frantically. "Well-uh I kind of fell asleep half of the time," he smiled shyly as he rubbed the back of his neck. I eyed him with a 'typical' look and then laughed at him. "I see you both got no problem about this didn't you?" My mom asked. "We-" I said before being cut by Aunt Aerith, "We knew you two are having a thing since the beginning, so we planned this and it turns out it's true!" She clapped her hands. "I-I-" I looked at Sora in a 'this is so wrong' expression and he responded with a 'totally' one. "Well let's approach your brother shall we? They didn't seem to receive this news quite well but reacted cutely... blushing here and there and all," Mom chuckled. Sora and I walked behind them really not in the mood for all this.

The door to the other room was opened and we entered it to check out the other partner. It was undoubtingly Roxas... who was smiling at Namine. Ow, that stung... my heart... NO! I stared blankly at them and froze on spot. Sora was standing beside me the whole time and tried to have me back in reality. I shook my head and looked at how both our moms congratulated them like they did to us before. I tried to speak, but no words can be spoken at this moment. I smiled painfully and walked towards them. "Mom do you need to inform us anything else? Because I need sometime to process all these," I smiled calmly at them. "Oh yes, you'll going to do lots of preparing for the engagement party starting tomorrow, so you better get ready," she smiled and dismissed us. "Sora, can you- can you come with me and think of this together? I need to say something to you," I mumbled. "Sure," he looked at me worriedly. Once we arrived at my room, I smiled weakly, "We didn't like each other the way they expected," I told him, "Of course! You're like my sister! It would feel weird marrying your own sister," He explained. "Sora, you know that I have been crushing on your brother all along right?" I asked him quietly trying to say it as carefully as ever. "Yep!" He nodded. "Goodness I made all this sounds so wrong," I groaned and hid my face in my hands. "I just- i-it just..." I began before tears started forming and uncontrollably flowed, "He looked happy to be with her," I trembled as more and more tears started pouring like the rain outside.

Sora frowned and hugged me in an instant. "It feels like my heart wanted to break through my ribcage," I hugged back that very same time. "It's like they really are meant for each other. And that I need to move away from his life, he deserve to be happy. But at the same time, all human beings have the rights to be happy," I cried even harder at him. "And now I soaked your shirt," I mumbled it. "It's not a problem! You keeping all this to yourself... that is a problem," he said. "Thanks," I sniffed and pulled away from him. "SO this is it huh? We should just learn to love one another like how they expected us to be?" I asked. "We can just try and live this and if we couldn't, what choices can we have? Being forced is not a good thing and I'm sure our parents could reconsider," he said. "Yeah, let's try it out and see the outcome," I said. I looked at the window and smiled bitterly, "Ironic is it? It's like the sky's crying along with me," I said softly before turning back to a grinning Sora.

"I want to play in the rain! You're coming?" He asked. I pondered a bit before making my choice, "Yeah sure... why not?" I wiped the tear stains and smiled at him.