A Ball... (quite a long chapter)

Today, is the day where Sora enrolled a ball, as much as I hate it, I was forced to come and want to come. Forced by my parents and want because he is my friend after all. I got dressed into a white colored dress that had cream laces around the waist and the end of the dress. Plus a golden thread was there at the top part in a cute bow. But, yeah, I'm not drop-dead gorgeous like Namine to look good in this dress. My curly hair was being let down tonight, only slightly pinned to keep it neat. I sighed as I descend the stairs with my dad and my mom, those silly five boys were already waiting for me down the stairs, and I glared at them one by one. "You look great," Axel grinned at me slyly. I smacked his head, "Sarcastic," I stuck my tongue at him. "Seriously," Demyx winked before spacing out to some random girl. "You look nice in white," Riku smirked. "Why, I actually preferred aquamarine but my maids think otherwise," I groaned as other princesses were staring at me weirdly. "Sorry," I chuckled shyly at them. "Care for a daa-?" Sora grinned asking a dance before being dragged away with swarm of girls. Riku, Axel and Demyx already went off to flirt with other girls. And that left me and Roxas alone.

"Hey," I greeted him. "Hey, uh you look nice?" He said it more like a question than a statement. "Uh, not sure if it's a question or a compliment, but thanks," I smiled jokingly. "How can I put it, Uhm, you look great tonight," He grinned more bravely now. "It's either sarcasm or a lie," I smirked at his compliment. "No it isn't, it's true," He smirked before looking at a group of girls eyeing him like a prey. "Care for a dance, my lady?" He smirked, "What if I say no?" I teased him back. "You won't, because you can't handle the good looking Roxas and to lose me to a bunch of other princesses," He chuckled before dragging me to the dance floor. "I never agreed, you know," I sighed and smiled. "You don't really have a choice from the start," he laughed silently. Yep, that same dazzling smile. "Where's Namine? I thought she's with you?" I asked him rather curious. "She's dancing with some other guys," he shrugged lightly. "Oh, but have you danced with her yet?" I asked unsure. "Yeah several times," he smiled, "Why are you asking that?" He asked innocently. Really Roxas was quite annoying at times, but it was based on pure innocent curiosity. "Oh, I just don't want to steal your first dance from your girl," I chuckled. "My girl? But I don't have-," He seemed to be in deep thought for a split second before staring at me with wide eyes. "Namine is not my girlfriend," he pouted, damn him for being so cute. "Yet," I smirked. He rolled his eyes and just as we finished our chat, the song ended. I curtseyed and he bowed slightly. "See you later, Rox," I waved at him.                                     

On my way to take some beverages, I met Kairi and Namine on the way. "Hey (Y/N)!" Nami and Kai greeted brightly. The duo sisters always seemed so bright at all times. "Hey princesses," I grinned at them. "How's the ball?" I asked them. "The people are nice," Kairi started rambling about how they talked to her politely and all. "Well to Kairi they are nice, but to 'unknowns' like us, they're quite snobbish," Nami whispered in between her sister's rant. "... Guys are you listening to me?" Kairi pouted at us. "We were... just before a bee buzzed around us," I waved my hands to an 'invisible' bee. She eyed us suspiciously while we smiled 'innocently' at her. "Well okay then," she immediately changed back into her cheerful self and left to who knows where. "Hey Nami, admit something to me," I sipped the milky fruit juice before smiling at her. "Uhm depends?" She giggled softly. "Well, do you like Roxas?" I whispered in a soft voice. "Eh?" She yelped quickly. "Well do you?" I smiled at her cute reaction. "I... I well, I do," She said, "but..." She trailed before I was dragged somewhere by someone.

"Let me go! Whoever you are!" I wriggled away. "...Sora?!" I glared at the newly recognized brunette prince. "The one and only!" He grinned his signature grin. "Why do you drag me all the way here?" I frowned at him. "I haven't danced with my own best friend!" He protested. "Well you could've just asked," I rolled my eyes. "Definitely not my style," He grinned again. We started dancing, "My parents said that they're going to inform something to us tomorrow, so you might as well stay in our place for tonight," he explained. "I know my parents had told me that too," I nodded. "What did they want to inform to us anyway?" He pouted. "I got no idea," I sighed. I hate not knowing what was going on, therefore, I become close with Olette, a daughter of one of the duchess of Twilight, who is an educated and a book-friendly girl and her two funny friend, Hayner and Pence, sons of the dukes. "You know your fan girls are going to kill me after this," I chuckled bitterly at his carefree-looks. "Nah they won't, they were only trying to be friends with me," He grinned in a reassuring way. "You, my friend, are one way too dense of a guy," I patted his shoulder before walking away. I picture him by now staring at the floor wondering what I've just said to him.