4 - Shifting Perspectives

I woke up in the arms of Noah, and by the surroundings, I guess we were still in the hospital. I faintly remember him coming here, but what I know surely was Ivy will be discharged today. Her son is also coming to see her. I am afraid that he will convince Ivy to go to London with him and I will be left all alone here. I was on the verge of crying, But all my thoughts and worries vanished when I saw Noah's face. He looked like a cute baby while sleeping.

"Morning," Noah said in his sleepy voice.

"Good Morning Noah" I replied

"Did you sleep well?" He asked me

"Yes, I did. Thanks for asking and Well thank you for everything, Noah. I couldn't have done it alone"

"Okay, how many times are you going to say Thank you, Sadie? We go to the same school, We are classmates. It was my duty to help you. So Please, No thank you from now on" Noah said with a small cute smile on his face.

"Okay" I replied

"Sadie" Ivan Greeted

"Hey," I said and hugged him. Ivan is Ivy's son and he is like a big brother to me. He lives in London with his Girlfriend Ruby.

"We lost our Father S" He cried while hugging me. Ivan never knew who his real father was. When Ivy Married my dad, Ivan was 17 then and I was 11. He started calling my father Dad soon after and my dad loved him like his own.

When he said our Father, I knew that he loved him so much and after my Dad, he is gonna protect me. Ivy and Ivan will be my family now. I hope they will be.

"Ivan, This is Noah. My college friend. He helped a lot yesterday"

"Hey, Noah. I am Ivan. I wish we had met under different circumstances but thank you buddy for taking care of her. " Ivan said to Noah

"There's no need for Thank you Ivan. Sadie is my friend. It was my duty to help her" Noah replied.

"I forgot about Elena. I didn't inform her about his. She must be so worried"

"I have to go to school anyway today so I will tell her. Don't Worry" Noah assured me

"Okay and tell her that I will call her as soon as possible. and that she should wait for a few days before coming to meet me" I said

Noah left after some time. I wish that he had stayed but he already missed 3 days this week and had to go today.

I never wanted to be friends with a boy let alone speak to one. But with Noah, everything feels different. I want to talk about things with him. What are you doing to me, Noah?

Ivy was discharged from the hospital in the evening and we came home. Ivan was going to stay over for a few days till Ivy got better, after that I don't know.

I had to go to school tomorrow and for the first time in my life, I wanted to go to school. I know I hated it till today, but I kind of like it now. I liked knowing that Noah and Elena would be there. If anything happens they will handle it.

LAKE VIEW HIGH SCHOOL

I entered the school and saw Elena standing at the gate. She ran and hugged me.

"Hey S. You Okay?" She asked me

"Yes. I am okay. Did he-" I didn't even finish my question when she replied

"Noah told me Everything. I am so sorry" She said while wrapping me in a tightest hug possible

"Thanks, E. I am sorry I didn't call you. With Ivy being in the hospital and Ivan visiting it was a long day"

"Ivan is here, why?" she asked

"Of course, he would be here E. His Mom was injured in an accident, Our Father died in that accident." I replied

"Right, Sorry. That was a wrong question" She said with a sad expression on her face

"It's Okay" I replied

"So what's up with you and Noah? I thought Sadie Lily Williams doesn't get involved with boys" She teased me

"It's Nothing E. He just helped me. He is a good guy. Everyone says he is heartless and rude, yeah he behaves like that but he is not that. He is the sweetest person I have ever met E. He is a softie who pretends to be hard. He helped me with everything, he even spent the night in the hospital. I just don't understand why he pretends to be like the ruthless boy when he is the sweetest person."

"Woah S. You are talking about a boy. You... said that boys are a waste of time, one doesn't need a boy to enjoy life."

"Come on E. If Noah Ace Smith can change, Then Sadie Lily Williams can also change"

"Stop surprising me S. It's enough for today"

"Okay Okay," I said smiling

We were on our way to the class when I saw Noah standing with his friends. I passed a smile at him, but he didn't react. He pretended as if nothing happened. And with that, he was back in his heartless and rude mode.
.
.
I was on my way back home when Noah approached me.

"Hey. I am sorry about what happened at school today. "Noah apologized

"It's Okay Noah, It's not like we are friends. You just helped me in my worst phase that's it. I understand that you will feel embarrassed if I talk to you in school. I said

"NO NO. Sadie you are getting it all wrong. It's not being embarrassed. You are beautiful Sadie. Any boy who goes out with you or talks to you is lucky. It's just that I have an image of me in mind for everyone now. If I suddenly start to behave sweetly, everyone will ask questions to which I will not have answers. It would be breaking news for the school. Please don't get it the wrong way. " Noah said explaining his side of the situation

"Why do you pretend to be like that," I asked him

"Pretend to be like what?" he questioned me

"Heartless and rude. You pretend that you don't care. You pretend to be rude to everyone when you care about everything. You are a good person so why pretend to be the bad guy?"

"Sadie I don't pretend to be the bad guy. I am the bad guy."

"No Noah, you are not. The way you have been with me for the past 2 days I can't believe that you are a bad guy. "

"That's up to you now. If you don't want to believe then okay. I have no interest in clearing up your confusion"

"There's no confusion Noah" God why does he have to be like that? What would happen he would say yes I pretend because of blah the reason. But why would he tell me his reasons? I am not his friend, right? We are just classmates. Don't feel special Sadie.

I noticed that Noah was not there now. He left without saying anything. Elena was right, That boy is the definition of Trouble.