Goodbye Party

I was anxiously pacing as Honey was watching me. He'd walked in on me trying to encourage myself and didn't have a clue why I was a nervous wreck. However, the more he watched me, I had the feeling he was slowly figuring out the context of the situation.

  "This is a job for us, Usa-chan." I heard him say, and I paused my pacing to look at him.

  "What?"

  "We'll help you, Sin!" He brightly grinned before grabbing my wrist to drag me along behind him.

  "H-Honey? What are you talking about? Honey?"

  "You've got a present for Takashi, don't you?" He looked at me with his big, blue eyes, and I pursed my lips. "I knew it!" He giggled and was dragging me again.

  "Wait, wait, wait. Honey, this isn't just any gift. I can't just....hand it to him." He looked at me again, paused, then gasped while covering his mouth.

  "Are you gonna propose?!"

  "What?! No, no, no, no!" I quickly shook my head and hands. "Still way too early for that!"

  "Then why are you so nervous? It's just Takashi."

  "It's because it's Takashi."

  "Stop being a weenie, Sin." Honey kicked open the doors, and Takashi was reading in the room on the other side. He stopped what he was doing and lowered his book due to the loud noise of the doors hitting the wall. I tried to run away, but Honey was determined and dragged me closer to Takashi.

  "H-Heeeey." I nervously smiled while awkwardly showing my sharp teeth, and my heart was pounding in my chest. Takashi glanced between Honey and I with a blank face.

  "What are you two doing?"

  "Sin has a gift for you." Honey shoved me forward. Takashi's gaze settled on me, and I rubbed the back of my neck while averting my gaze. Clearing my throat, I dug into my pocket and pulled out the small jewelry case.

  Honey covered his mouth with his hand while making Usa-chan do the same thing. Swallowing, I handed the case to Takashi.

  "I, uh, made this for you." He took it and lifted the lid to look inside. Takashi froze for a second before slamming the case closed. He swiftly stood up and grabbed Honey by the back of his shirt to pick him up like a small animal by the scruff. I was speechless as he carried Honey toward the entrance.

  "Wha- Takashi? Let me stay! I wanna see! What is it?" Honey whined before he was dropped in the hallway and the doors were shut. Takashi didn't move while keeping his hands on the doorknobs as Honey begged to be let back in.

  "Is that what I think it is?" His voice was quiet, and I shoved my hands into my pockets while nervously swallowing.

  "Depends on what you think it is." I replied, and Takashi lowered his head before making his way back over to the table.

  "I think it's the same kind of ring your mother has." He looked down at me, and I averted my gaze again. "Is this a courting band?"

  "Technically speaking or hypothetic-" My tone pitched higher as my shoulders raised. However, I was cut off when Takashi slammed his hand down on the bookshelf just behind my head.

  "Sin, is this a courting band?" Takashi looming over me enough to block out the light sent a tingle up my spine. He was less shocked and more serious now. My palms were sweating in my pockets as the nerves ate away at me.

  "Yes." My voice came out quieter than expected. Once having the answer, Takashi pulled the ring from the case. The woven metal caught in the light while wrapped around a dark ring made from a piece of my horn.