15) Little Black Spell Book

I haven't been using Nick and wynter's proper titles but they are King and Queen of the North Pole.
So king = Nick
Queen= Wynter

Whoever is Santa and Mrs clause are rulers of the North Pole.

——-

Wynter

My mind roams as I start to wonder how I would tell ask Nick about Lizabeth. He already said no the first time but maybe time was on my side this time?

As I was walking past the frosted windows, I see a path for the library and pause.
Surely the chandelier should be fixed now?
Maybe if I stepped inside, just for a moment, I could see the little book again?

I tiptoed across the hallway, pressing my back against the wall. I hadn't even even taken two steps inside the doors before I was stopped by a voice.

"Your highness?" He comes behind me and bows.

Shoot!
I had been caught.

"Yes? Hello!" I try to sound as normal and relaxed as possible. I was far from it.

"We have received orders from the King to keep you from entering the library. Yeh royal guards and magical advisors are still investigating what wrong  that night that the chandelier fell" he explains.

"Oh.Yes." I peek inside, behind his shoulder and frown. It looked so inviting and tempting.
"I just needed a couple of minutes in there. I left a book in there"

"We will retrieve it for you Your highness. Promptly too. If you would just tell us the name of the boo—"

"No!!" I yelled, interrupting his words. He looked startled by my opposition and blunt response. "I mean... no! I wouldn't dream of it!
I'll do it. It will be quick" I smile politely, trying to lessen the seriousness in my voice.

"But Your highness, the king was clear—"

"Do not fret noble guard! No trouble shall come your way! I will retrieve it at once and do it in haste!Thank you."

Why did I sound like the main protagonist from a Shakespearien play? I guess that was my default vernacular when I was nervous.

I quickly push past him and enter, closing the doors behind me. I walk into the expansive room and see books upon books. The library looked the same with all its pomp and circumstance, but for some reason the air felt a bit thicker...darker.

I walk towards the little nook that led me to the spel book and pull out the binding of the book I marked for safe keeping.

The shelf opened up and revealed a secret room. In its center was the book I desired.

My feet pulled me to its cover, tempting me to touch its surface.
Forbidden Spells and Arts.

It seemed to have a mind of its own as flipped open.
The pages of the book made a soft rustle before it stopped on a lone page titled

The greatest wish

"Is this the spell I need?" I whisper aloud.

Its pages flipped again and opened in the middle on another spell titled:

The Yearning Enchantment

Hmmm. So two spells for the price of one?
I could cast a spell to obtain magic and still have one to spare. I read over the words and it seemed to have some print that clarified the enchantment.
Although the magic it was temporary, it would do its job. I would be a magical entity and that would give me enough time to sleep with Nick and have the magic passed onto the baby. If I conceived, I would pass on the magic of Christmas to the next heir.

This was Perfect!

All I needed was a way to take the book and leave without raising suspicions.
I tucked the book behind my waist band and cover my waist with my jacket, securing it into place.

There! No one would know, not even Nick...
Oh, that's right. My husband, the one I made promise to be more truthful.

No... I couldn't do this!
Going behind his back would be horrible and unhealthy for our relationship.
But I thought of Nick, and Drew and all the trouble they went through to get their titles.
I was desperate.

I had to do it, for Nick.