9) No More Secrets?

Wynter

"We can build a castle in 3 days!" Drew stood from the couch, lifting his arm and imitating Nick. I buried my head in my pillow, trying to contain my laughter as Drew reanimated the scene from dinner earlier.

I appreciated Nick and how he stood up for me despite his parents' hard exterior. I had more tears left to cry but I was thankful Drew had lifted my spirits at a time like this.

"Do you really think you guys would go?" Drew slouches into the chair across the room. I was so touched Nick had gone out of his way to curse his parents out for me. I knew it wouldn't do much to change their beliefs but I was thankful.

"I mean it makes sense? We can build our own castle and I can decorate it the way I want. No cookie baking marathons, no rules"

"Wynter, my parents are old and stuck in their ways. Don't take it personally."

I nod and look up at the ceiling. It had a colorful mural of landscapes of the North Pole.

"Ohh! can I live there with you guys? Pleaseeee" Drew frowns, already thinking of his misery being the only Claus son in the house.

"But your parents would be so lonely?" I scoff. Drew threw a soft pillow to my stomach and I giggled. "Of course Drew. If the castle Nick will build is as big as this one, you can have your own wing"

"Yes!" He grabs his fist excitedly, appreciating his newfound freedom.

"So where is Santa Claus?" I stood, looking out the window. I was starting to get worried. It had been a couple of hours since Nick last stormed off.

"Probably off to think." Drew shrugs, standing to stretch.

"Do you know where?"

"Could be out for a drive. Or on the peak of a mountain. He has a lot of thinking spots come to think of it" he pushes a thumb to his chin. "Try asking Jingles. He and Nick are like two peas in a pod. He'll know where to find him"

"Thanks Drew" I smile, hugging him quickly before running to find Jingles. I put on a warm wool coat and extra thick scarf and ran to the barn.

It was super chilly outside but I was too worried to sit idle and wait for Nick to come back.

"Jingles! Hey, boy" I crouch to kiss his cheek. "Missed you!" He whinnies and flies in the air. "I Hope that means you missed me too?" I giggle. He comes down and licks my cheek.

"So do you know where Nick would be?"

—-

We zip through the crispy winter air with speed and great precision. Jingles flew me to a sharp mountain in the distance of the Pole. It was one I had never seen before.

"Stay here jingles" I frown, rubbing his head before walking over the icy slosh. I saw Nick sitting at the tallest peak of the mountain, overlooking the icy terrain.

"Hey" I whispered, pulling my arm through his.

"Hey" he sighed. I shivered from a sudden gust of wind. He takes off his jacket and drapes it around my arms.

Wynter

"I'll never get used to the cold" Wynter shivers. She looked so cute with her red rosy cheeks. They were probably cold from the ride over here.

"You okay?" She asks me. I refuse to meet her eyes. I didn't want her to see my anger. I only nod, choosing to still look foward.

"Drew did a play-by-play of what happened". She started to giggle before looking at me.