Chapter 15

Two days later...

     Regina, Robin, and Roland had gone back to New York the day after the funeral. The Locksley's thought it was easiest to just get back to normal life as quick as possible instead of dragging out the mourning process. Sure there would still be a mourning period, but it would be easier to handle with something like wok to preoccupy your mind/time. When they got back to New York, Regina helped Robin unpack all of Roland's things. She stayed with him both nights since their return, fearful of leaving Robin alone. Robin remained relatively quiet and too himself during those two days. Regina willingly took on the task of caring for Roland, and let Robin just stay to himself and take the time he needed. The only time she ever felt any sort of communication from Robin was at night, when she slept by his side and he curled her closer to his body, telling her (without words) that he needed her- he needed her as close as possible. 

     Today was different though...Robin didn't hide away in his room this time, he wasn't mournful (at least not outwardly). He woke up, saw Regina next to him, and something within him just told him everything was okay. That he would be fine, as long as he had Regina by his side. That thought then led to another thought... he has no guarantee that she'd stay with him forever. She could leave at any moment and forget about him. Did he think she'd actually do that? No, of course not. He knows her, and knows the love they share. But still... he wanted something to solidify their commitment. He needed something to confirm they'd be together.

     'Marriage,' he thought. Of course. Getting married was the next logical step in their relationship. Well, technically engagement was, but that led to marriage, which was the ultimate goal. He lay there quietly, as Regina slept peacefully, brainstorming ideas of how to propose, and what he needed to do to prepare for that day. After only about 20 minutes of thinking, he came up with the perfect plan- one he knew she'd love. Now he just needed a ring. Once he got the ring, he wasn't gonna waste any time. He planned to propose as soon as he possibly good. Why wait when you know?

     About 10 minutes later Regina's eyes fluttered open. Robin smiled as he saw his sleeping beauty begin to stir. Robin propped himself up on his elbow and leaned over to kiss Regina. Before their lips met, his face hovered over hers, eyes roaming around the shape of her face, admiring her beautiful features. Then his eyes met her lips. Immediately after, he pressed his lips to hers. When he pulled away, she looked at him with a smile. She didn't expect to see him like this. To see him smiling and seemingly happy.

     "Well good morning to you too," she grinned. She placed her hand on his cheek and stroked it softly. "You seem awfully happy this morning," she commented.

     He just smiled and placed his hand on top of the one she had on his face. "It's always a good morning when I wake up next to you."

     Regina blushed. "I guess I could say the same about you," she joked.

     "You guess?" he asked playfully with his mouth opened as if he was offended. "I thought you loved me."

     She pretended to think for a moment. "Yeah, I do," she smirked. She wanted to ask him what was making him so happy, but she didn't want to upset him. She reached her lips up to his again. She captured them in a short, but passionate kiss. When she pulled away, they both heard a soft cry in the distance. They rested their foreheads on each others for a second before getting up. They both slid out of the bed and walked together to Roland's room. As they were walking Regina decided to suggest something.

     "What do you think about re-decorating the guest room into Roland's nursery? I mean that is where he will be sleeping, and I just think we should make it a little more child friendly," she smiled.