Chapter 12

Robin couldn't believe it. Did she really just tell him she was in love with him? It all seemed surreal. He had been imaging this moment since the day he laid eyes on her. The moment where she finally expressed how she felt and finally let him in completely. But today, when she finally did it, was far greater than anything he'd ever pictured in his head.

"And you are the only woman for me, Regina Mills," he grinned from ear to ear and stared into her loving eyes.

Regina blushed and took his hand in hers and interlocked their fingers. It had always felt like a natural move since the first time they held hands, but today, with the newly revealed feelings, an extra wave of spark flooded through both members of this relationship. It was like a spark of reassurance that what they were doing was right. That this relationship was right.

"I love you Robin Locksley! I love you, I love you, I love you!" She couldn't get enough of saying these words to him. She was glowing, and Robin was beaming with delight. The woman he loved, now admitted to loving him back, several times.

Robin laughed lovingly at her repetition. "Regina, hearing those words is music to my ears. And just in case you were wondering, I love you, Regina Mills. I love you, I love you, I love you too!" He mirrored, and Regina smiled wide.

She leaned forward and captured his lips in a passionate kiss. One that felt different than before. Just like the hand holding was different this time, the kissing was different as well. It was a joyous revelation to both Robin and Regina that they were there in this moment together, and it was true.

Their lip-locking was interrupted by loud cries coming from the guest bedroom. Regina instinctively pulled away from Robin and immediately averted her attention to the crying baby.

"Let him cry for a bit, Regina. It'll teach him bad habits if we answer his every call," Robin informed. Regina's eyes went back to Robin. She knew he was right, but her motherly instincts, though she was not yet a mother, made it painful to hear the boy cry.

"What if he needs to be changed? It would be wrong of us to let him sit their in a dirty diaper. We have to at least go check on him," she retorted.

Before he responded, Regina got up from the couch and Robin mirrored her motions. She began walking towards Roland's room, but Robin took her hand in his, pulled her towards him and kissed her. When he pulled away he looked into her eyes.

Regina grinned. "What was that for?"

Robin didn't respond right away. He continued to look into her eyes. He is so mesmerized by her. So captivated by her scent, her looks, how she tasted, but most of all he was taken by her personality, her heart, her huge capacity to love, her care for others, her love for children. Those things, the internal things were what really mattered to Robin. The physical aspects of Regina were just additions. He loved the physical characteristics of her, but they were far outweighed by her inward traits. Things you couldn't see, but could experience.

"Robin? You're staring," Regina pointed out.

Robin shook his head slightly to get out of his trance. "I'm sorry love, I am just so mesmerized by you."

Regina blushed. "And I you," she replied.

Then she took his hand and walked to the guest room where Roland was. When they walked in, Regina let go of Robin and reached into the crib towards the crying baby. "Shhh. It's ok little guy. It's ok. What's the matter? Huh? Do you need a diaper change?" Regina held him close to her as she made her way to the bed. She turned back to Robin. "Can you look in his bag and get me a fresh diaper and some wipes?"

Robin smiled in response. He unzipped the duffle bag and dug through it to find the requested items. Once he located them he stretched his arm towards her and presented the things to her.