Chapter 9

A/N: Once again, I should warn you. Major feels in this chapter and major heartache too. Prepare yourselves.

After Robin had finally told Regina he loved her, and after they shared a few more passionate kisses, Robin felt it was only fitting that he take his woman out to dinner. They decided not to go anywhere fancy, so they just went to Chili's.

While they were there, Robin was constantly saying 'I love you,' being sure Regina didn't forget. Regina was still sad she couldn't say it back. She wanted to, but fear kept her from saying it. At some point during the night, Regina decided that maybe if she opened up to Robin about her past relationships and everything she'd struggled with throughout her life, her insecurities and worries would slowly begin to fade away. But she wasn't sure when she should do it. She didn't want to do it that night. Robin had worked so hard to make this night enjoyable, so she wanted to make sure it stayed that way. 

     Once dinner was over, Robin brought Regina back home and said goodnight. They both slept rather peacefully that night. Robin fell asleep thinking of how much he loved Regina. And Regina went to bed thinking about how much she wanted to love Robin.

_________________________________________________________

      Regina woke up rather early on that Friday morning. She didn't get much sleep. She was planning in her head how she wanted to bring her past up to Robin. She knew it would kill him to hear the things she's gone through, but she also knew he'd be able to comfort her and prove to her that she could love him.

Despite how tired she was, Regina went off to work. She didn't bother eating anything; she was too busy planning to eat.     

     When she arrived at work, Belle noticed the bags under Regina's eyes. "Are you okay Regina?"

     "It's 'Doctor' and I'm fine. Now please just hand me my messages," she demanded.

     Belle did as she was told, but looked at Regina with confusion. Regina isn't normally this rude. Sure, Belle has seen the rude and sassy side of Regina, but it is an extremely rare sight. 

     Regina walked into her office and sat down at her desk. Almost without thinking, she pulled her phone out to text Robin. 

     'Hey. I hope your morning is going well :). So I was thinking, you've spent so much time at my house, and yet I haven't even seen yours. Would it be okay if maybe I came over tonight and cooked for you?' she read the text over before sending it. Once she did, she sat there patiently. Normally, he responded within seconds, but today took longer. 

     Regina felt really nervous for some reason. 'Was he regretting what he said to me? Does he not love me anymore? Did I do something wrong?' she asked herself.

Despite her anxiety, she had to work. She sadly put her phone inside her coat pocket, and wrapped her stethoscope around her neck. She walked out into the lobby to fetch her first patient of the day.

     "August Booth?" she called. Just then a little boy about 7 years old stood up and tugged on his father's hand to walk toward Regina.

     "I'm August," he said.

     "Nice to meet you, I'm Doctor Regina," she informed the little boy. "And you're the father, I assume," she stuck her hand out to him.

     "Yes that I am. My name is Marcus Booth. It's a pleasure to meet you," he replied, taking her hand to shake.

     "The pleasure is all mine. Now if you will come with me, we can get started," Regina requested as she walked back to the exam room. When they arrived, Regina gestured toward the exam table. "Alright, August, could you sit up there for me please?"