chapter 4

Amayra has been shouted her whole life

Amayra has been shouted her whole life. To the point she stopped caring whatever was happening around her. Her mind would go numb when someone talked in a loud voice. Everything will become blurry. but...

She was never prepared for this. For the first time, after years, she was affected by someone shouting at her. She could feel panic arousing in her.

Zaviyar sighed when he saw how she flinched and took a moment to relax himself.

''if you wanted a divorce then why did you say yes to the marriage?'' This time his voice was soft but the damage was already done. after waiting for a few minutes, when she didn't reply, Zaviyar got up from the bed and sat in front of her on one knee. Taking her soft hand in one hand and held her chin from the other hand, he made her look at him.

''Were you forced into this marriage?" He questioned, hurt was visible in his voice. Amayra shaked her head in no. ''Then why do you want a divorce?'' Now his fingers were slowly caressing her cheeks.

''Zaviyar, you don't know me. This is for your best if I am not in your life. Go and marry someone who you deserve. Someone who is capable of loving, which I am definitely not.'' she countered.

''what made you say that, Amayra? Did someone say something to you. Tell me. Tell me everything and I swear I will listen to you. Give me a chance and I will show you what you deserve.'' Zaviyar insisted.

''There is nothing Zaviyar. you don't understand.'' A smile spread on his face hearing her. ''Then make me understand.'' Her hazel eyes stared into his light brown eyes.

''I spend too much money.'' A lie.

''I have enough.''

''I want to continue my job.''

''As you wish.''

''I like to travel a lot.''

''Good because I have to do at least 3 trips per year due to business purposes.''

''I don't want...kids.'' A big fat liar. That's what she is

''We can adopt one.''

''I don't want kids at all. they um...annoy me.'' No, you adore them.

''Alright.''

''I am toxic.''

''totally my type.''

Amayra was thinking of something that will make him leave her immediately.

''Ran out of excuses, wifey?'' Zaviyar mocked her. ''why don't you understand, Zaviyar. Please just leave me. Go and marry someone you like.'' She said tiredly but how could he be smiling..