chapter 8

Next morning, she woke up her first thought was, was it all a dream? But it felt too real to be a dream

When she opened her eyes, all she saw around her were carton boxes and white sheets spread all over the chairs, vanity table, etc. Amayra rubbed her eyes because she was certainly seeing wrong. Except she was not.

Everything was covered in white sheets except her bed. That is when her husband entered the room and lifted one of many carton boxes, which were replaced at the corner of their room.

''What are you doing?'' she asked. Zaviyar stopped for a moment and wiped the sweat off his forehead.

''we are shifting today to our house.'' The way he said it sounded something normal, but it was not. How can they just move out? Why suddenly?

''What do you mean we are moving out? Zaviyar, I have not even packed my things yet. And that house was so messy and needed cleaning.'' she said as she got out of bed and headed towards him. His eyes were completely swollen due to all crying.

''I packed everything, and yesterday I had someone clean everything in our house.'' Why is he so calm? How is he so calm? And why is he being so dry? He will not even look at her while talking. So, Amayra stepped back and let him do what he wanted.

When she went downstairs, she saw Mishal crying. She followed her gaze, and there Zaviyar was putting those boxes in the car. Sighing, she went near her. Mishal immediately hugged her. ''Please, do not leave. Everyone is so sad. Even Mama and Papa are so sad. I will feel so lonely.'' Amayra felt something inside her when she saw Mishal crying like that. ''I wish I could do something, Mishal. But I do not think your brother will listen to me.''

Mishal again broke down and sobbed lightly. She was hugging Amayra too tightly; she could not even breathe, but she still let her.

Finally, Zaviyar entered, and all of them were having breakfast in utter silence. Only Mishal's light sobs could be heard. After they finished, Zaviyar sighed and got up. And Amayra knew they were about to leave.

Zaviyar hugged Fozia, and when it was Mishal's turns, all she did was hug him tightly and mutter something about please do not leave. It was breaking her heart.

Amayra, too, hugged everyone, including Zahid, and followed Zaviyar outside.

She glanced at him. His was tightly gripping the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white. He needs time! She reminded herself.

In a few minutes, their reached their house. Zaviyar was giving her cold shoulder but still helping her unpack and set everything up. This was how their next few days went. Zaviyar would go to his office and Amayra would decorate every part of their house. Or she would videochat Mishal and they would talk for hours. Sometimes, even Fozia aunty would join them.

But there was still Zaviyar. Who was giving her silent treatment. He would not even ask her about her day at the end of the night. She promised herself that she would work for their marriage, but when? He was not even talking to her. He would come late at night and would leave early next morning.