Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

"Who were you talking to?" Dean asks, as I walk back into room.

"None of your business" I reply playfully. I take a seat on the edge of the couch, and lean my arms on my legs as I lean forward. "Alright, I've had a bad few days. I may have been a bit moody. So, Boyles, tell me everything".

Boyles nods, giving me a small smile of apologise. "So I picked Iago up in Mississippi, in some shitty safe house. I staked him out for a few days, before I caught him and shoved him in my truck".

"Nice" I smirk.

"However, stupidly, I stopped to give him a drink – I didn't want him to die of dehydration before I got him back. So, when I stopped to get gas; I opened the truck to give him some water. Biggest mistake of my fucking life. The bastard hit me over the head with a tyre iron, which I stupidly forgot was in there".

"You're an idiot" I comment.

"I know. Anyway, he knocked me out cold. When I woke up, he was long gone with my car. Dean picked me up on his way here".

"And I contacted Nick when I found out" Dean cut in. I nod happily. Steve was extremely good with computers, and both him and his brother did all the recall and built all the gadgets we needed for Cons.

Steve offers me a bright smile. "So, I found him on CCTV cameras. He was seen filling up with gas, at a gas station in Colorado. That was two days ago. And yesterday evening, he flagged a camera in an Oklahoma bank. It looks like he is heading back to Mississippi".

I think this all over for a moment. "So what, we fly to Mississippi and cut him off?" I ask.

"I guess" Boyles shrugs, "but he's obviously going back to the safe house – which is very guarded with police".

"No" I laugh softly. "I say we do what we do best, boys".

"Have sex with him?" Nick jokes, and we all chuckle softly.

"No, we Con him" I say. My gang and I all exchange amused, and happy, looks. We love the Con, and we hate Iago. The combination is something every grifter could dream off. Conning someone we hate.

We start the planning, before we set things in motion. We plan to leave early in the morning – we have hired a private jet to take us at six in the morning. There was enough room in the Pad for us all to sleep in our rooms.

As I am making a cup of coffee, a hand encircles my waist from behind. "Dean, get off me" I snap, pulling away.

"How do you always know it's me?" he chuckles. I don't tell him its Werewolf genes, I just laugh softly.

"I always know what you're up to, Dean" I say. I freeze, as he leans closer to me and kisses my neck. "Dean, don't". I pull away from him. Dean and I used to have sex all the time, but it was only ever mutual. Well, I knew Dean wanted more from me but I didn't ever want to get serious – especially not now.