Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

The next morning, I awake before Liam and Cher. I glance at them in the bed; both of them looking so much younger in their sleep. Cher always looks innocent, but Liam does also in sleep. I smile sadly, as I slip out the bed.

 I creep slowly around the room, as I quickly pack a bag. I only take essentials, I plan to stay with my old crew for as short a time as possible. I was being honest, when I told Liam that I wanted out of my old life.

 I am ashamed of what I used to do, but I don't regret doing it. Without my past of crime, I would not be able to provide for my family nor have the lavished lifestyle I wanted. Yet, I feel I have outgrown that dangerous, spontaneous, life.

 I still love the thrill — I'm not sure that will ever leave — but I know I must know live an honest life; if not for me, for Cher and Liam. I owe it to them to try and make our lives as normal and mundane as possible. I don't want to go back to the time, when I had to flee my houses in the middle of the night because rival gangs or the police got a sniff of my whereabouts.

 I don't want that lifestyle for them. I have lived a selfish lifestyle up until now, doing what I want, when I want; but now it is time to live a life for my family. I always told myself I would give up the conning when I found my mate. Truthfully, the time came earlier than planned, but I have to honour my self-commitment, and my commitments to my mates.

 Once I have packed, I slip into the bathroom and run a bath. It is for Cher, I know she will be sore this morning and I hate to think of her in pain. Once the tub is full, I return to the bedroom to find Cher waking.

 "Hey" I whisper, smiling at her as I walk over. I speak quietly, as Liam is still fast asleep. She grins adoringly at me, as I take a seat on the edge of the bed. She sits up further, resting her head against the headboard.

 Her blonde hair is messed and tousled, and her lips are red and sore from all the kissing. I can't help but instantly feel arousal from her unkempt appearance, but I know I have no time to start anything before I need to leave.

 "Come, there is a bath run for you" I say, taking her hand and pulling her out the bed. She stumbles after me; blushing softly because of her nude body. I check her out, I can't help it, but quickly remind myself that I mustn't start anything before I go. I will leave on a good note, and we are on a good note.

 I help her into the bath — she is sore, just like I knew she would be. I observe her for a few moment, before I press a soft kiss to her lips and return to the bedroom. Liam must have heard us talking, because he too begins to stir.

 "Morning, sunshine" I smirk, as I stretch my naked body out. Liam chuckles softly, as he runs his hand through his dark hair, and sits up in the bed.

 "Last night was great" he grins.

 "It really was" I nod, as I walk over to my closet and pull an outfit out. I dress in a tight blue dress, which has a small layer of frill in the centre and is tight over my chest. I quickly apply my makeup and curl my midnight shaded hair. I must always look the part when I con — it is always my number one rule. Although, I usually like to look nice all the time.

 "You look beautiful" Liam says, coming up behind me. I look at him through the vanity mirror, as he bend down and presses a soft kiss to my neck. "I love you" he whispers.

 I smile softly, "I'm getting out of it, Liam. I'll tell my gang, that I don't want to be involved in anything anymore. I'm getting out of it". I stand up, and come up in front of him. His hands grip my waist as I loop my arms around his neck.