Eleven

It's been a week since me and Adam have gotten married. We've had the best week even though we've been working the most of it. It's been a long week, with lots of paper work and chasing after criminals. 

This morning, I left for the district early because I wanted to get ahead start on the paperwork before we get any cases come in. Before I left the apartment, I made a flask of coffee and a bacon, egg and cheese bagel for Adam, along with a note to let him know that I have left for the district early and that I'll see him later and that I loved him so much. 

I left the apartment and got into my Ford Ranger truck and headed to district and started to drive through the Chicago rush hour traffic. But by the time I got to the district it was 06:54am. No one else was due at the district for another two hours, so that gives me plenty of time to get all my paper work done before everyone get here. But deep down in my gut, I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen today. 

My paper work consisted of arrest packets for several different gangs that are dotted around Chicago, case notes from the last two cases that we have solved. I logged into my computer to look at the details of the case and then I grab my notepad to make some notes before I write them on the actual case file. Once I gotten all the information that I needed, I wrote it all down on the actual file and then put that file on the completed pile. 

After a couple of hour I have completed all my paper work, just as everyone is arriving in the bullpen and then Jay approaches my desk. 

"Hey sis. You alright?" my brother askes 

"I'm alright, I've been sat here since just before 7 this morning and th..." I was interrupted by the sound of my desk phone ringing and then I look at my brother and whispered to him that I'll talk to him later and then Jay walked to his desk and then I answered the desk phone. 

Lilah: Lieutenant Commander Halstead

Roberts: Lieutenant Commander Halstead, this is Vice Admiral Roberts.

Lilah: Vice Admiral, how can I help?

Roberts: Lieutenant, I'm calling to inform you that you have a meeting  with me at the Chicago Naval office today at 1100 hours 

Lilah: That's fine with me sir. I'll see you shortly 

And with that, the phone line went dead and I placed the phone and I looked at the time and it was nearly 10am, so I got up out of my chair and walked away from my desk and headed towards the locker room, to get changed out of my jeans and t-shirt and into my Naval uniform. As I opened my locker, I heard the main door open and I turn my head slightly to see my husband standing there. 

"Babe, what are doing" Adam asks 

"I'm getting changed into my Naval uniform. I have a meeting at the Chicago Naval office with the Vice Admiral" I replied to my husband 

"Do you know what it's about?" Adam questions but I shake my head in response as a way of not knowing what this specific meeting is about.

Adam came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and I leaned back into his chest but by leaning into his chest, it just brings me comfort and it just takes any nerves that I have aways. I spend about 10 minutes leaning into Adam's chest before I had to get into my uniform and put my hair into a bun that is Navy standards. 20 minutes later, I was dressed and I left the locker room and headed back into the bullpen to head to my desk and grab the keys to my truck and as I walk away from my desk, I head my brothers voice, so I turned around and look at him.