Ten

It's the morning that me and Adam decided to head down to City Hall to get married, as we could wait any longer. We literally just wanted to be husband and wife and to start our married life together. For the very small ceremony, it just going to be me and Adam because that what we decided last minute and to have a big gathering at Molly's that evening because as soon as me and Adam are married we have to go straight into work, as the paperwork is starting to pile up. 

For the ceremony, I was wearing a simple white knee length dress that had a small sparkly belt, along with my normal huggie hoop earring and my hair in a wavy ponytail. Adam was wearing a simple blue suit but not wearing a tie. We had our work clothes in our duffle bags, so that we could change straight after the wedding, so that we didn't have to walk through the district in our wedding outfits and getting all kinds of looks. 

Adam carried the bags and opened the front door of our apartment and we headed down to his truck. He tossed the bags in the back and I walked around to the passenger side and got into the truck at the same time as Adam. We pulled away from our apartment building and went on the short 20 minute drive down to city hall to get married. I was beaming with excitement but I also had the nervous butterflies, flying around my stomach but overall, I'm alright. 

With the truck pulling up outside City Hall, I took a deep breath and looked at Adam. 

"You ready to get married babe" I said to my soon to be husband 

"I'm more than ready. I just want you to be my wife already" Adam answered. 

"I'll be your wife, within the hour Mr Ruzek" I replied with my cheeky smile. Adam squeezed my hand and we got out of the truck and made our way into the building and up to the front desk. 

"Hello, how can I help you?" the receptionist asked 

"Myself and soon to be wife are hear to get married. We have an appointment under the name of Ruzek" Adam spoked to the receptionist

I hold onto Adam's hand as I watched the receptionist type on her keyboard and look back up at her screen before looking up at me ad Adam. 

"The officiant will be with you shortly, so if you can take a seat just over there, they will be with you shortly" the receptionist says

"Thank you" Adam replied and we both head over to the seating area to wait. 

To what felt like an eternity later, we see an officiant walk down the stair case and into the waiting area.

"Ruzek" the Officiant said, causing me and Adam to look up and then stand up and make our way over to the officiant

"Hello, my name is Carol and I'm going to be the officiant that is going to be marrying you this morning" Carol states

"Lovely to meet you Carol, I'm Adam Ruzek and this is my soon to be wife, Lilah Halstead" Adam replies

"Lovely to meet you both, now if you would follow me and we will get you married" Carol said excitedly and she lead us up the stairs and into a small room that looked like a simple but sweet chapel and we head to the front and me and Adam join hands 

"We are gathered here today, to celebrate the love that Adam and Lilah have for each other in front of god. Marriage is an act of will. It requires a commitment to care for another person. By caring we show concern for the life and growth of those whom we love. Marriage requires a commitment to take responsibility for another person. By responding we experience the needs of that other person and try to help meet those needs" The officiant Carol says before taking a little breather before continuing.