10. Pretty

- Lo'ak POV -

A week has passed, and Ryonan is now finally able to leave and go to the reef. The village is gonna hold a ceremony later tonight that they do once every month, it was called the Night Of the Songs. It was a ceremony for the Tulkun.

I saw Ryonan playing with some kids and I smiled before walking up to them, "Hey, wanna go out for a dive? I was thinking maybe we could check out the deeper parts of the reef" I asked and she smiled, looking at me.

"Yeah!" She said kind of breathlessly since she was jumping with the kids. "I have to go help my mom with something first, but uh.. maybe let's see each other after lunch?" Ryonan offered and I agreed. She nodded and said she'll see me later at the pools before saying bye to the kids and walking off.

I watched as she walked off, noticing how her hair moves so smoothly, "Hey mr, why are you staring at her?" One of the kids said, it was a young boy who seemed about.. 6.

"Wha- i'm not staring at her?! And even if I was, it's none of your business little man" I said and he kicked my shin, "Hey- OW!" I groaned, holding it and hopping on one foot. He stuck his tongue out at me before running away with his friends

- later during lunch

I tried to quickly scarf down my lunch but almost choked. I turned to the side, coughing. "Lo'ak, eat your food slowly. Why are you in such a hurry?" Mother clicked her tongue and I heard Tuk say ew.

I drank some water and wiped my mouth, "Sorry mom. I'm meeting.. with a friend after lunch and I don't want to keep them waiting." I smiled awkwardly.

Dad looked at me, "Who?" He asked, "Ryonan" I smiled a little and finished my food. Mom quirked an eyebrow and a smirk at me, "What...?" I suspiciously asked.

She shook her head lightly and looked away, "Nothing.. Ryonan is a good girl" She smiled and I was a little confused, "Yeah..? She's.. good. Anyways uh, can I be excused?" I asked and dad nodded yes.

I got up and left our cot, quickly walking to the pools. I saw Tsireya there with one of her friends but no Ryonan. Tsireya turned to me and her eyes lit up, "Hey!" She smiled and I smiled back quickly then stopped, looking around for Ryonan.

"Hey so me and my friend were gonna go to some of the floating islands and I was wondering.. maybe you wanted to c-" She spoke but I cut her off, "Have you seen Ryonan?" I asked.

She paused, "Uh..... yeah she's right there" She looked past me and I turned around to see Ryonan walking up to us, "Hey guys" She smiled and I smiled back, "Hey! Uh- how was your lunch?" I asked.

"It was good, yours?" She replied and I put a thumbs up. Ryonan looked at Tsireya, "Hey sis, you going out with Tepal?" She asked and Tsireya didn't reply for a second.

Tsireya slowly smiled, glancing between me and Ryonan, "Yeah! We should go now, see you later"
She quickly grabbed Tepal and they both walked off.

"What was that about?" Ryonan muttered and I shrugged, "Anyways, let's go?" I asked, and she nodded in response.

- hours later

We swam for hours before going back up to the surface. We were now sitting on the sand by the water, watching as the sun set.

We were quiet, enjoying the view and each other's presence. I looked at her to see her with a soft smile, just staring into the sun. She looked so beautiful..

Ryonan turned to me with a confused look, "Is something wrong Lo'ak..?" She asked and I just looked at her, "No.." I muttered. I caught myself looking at her lips, so I quickly turned away, "You uh.. just looked really pretty" I coughed awkwardly.

I heard her giggle, making me look at her again. She had light blush on her cheeks, "You're very pretty too" She said which shocked me a little

"...I want to stay with you tonight" I whispered and she tilted her head a bit, "Where would we stay?" She asked and I shrugged, "anywhere.. as long as i'm with you" I smiled.

She looked away, "Don't say stuff like that" She muttered and I laughed, "Why not? It's true" I said.

She rolled her eyes and lightly nudged my shoulder, "moron" She said with a slight smile. "But I wasn't lying when I said I wanted to spend the night with you. Tell your family you're staying with me for the night then meet me at the treehouse" I said and she was still confused

"Wha- Why though?" She asked but I only stood up, "See you later" I said and walked off.