1. Newcomers

-Ryonan POV -

"Ryonan?" Tsireya called my name, catching my attention. I turned to her, "Reya.. what's up?" I smiled and she smiled back, "Wanna go for a swim? Aonung and Rotxo are going to go catch the eclipse" She offered.

"Maybe tomorrow sis" I replied and she nodded.

When I made it to the Metkayina clan, I was alone. They were suspicious, but still welcomed me with open arms. Tonowari, the Olo'eyktan, and his family were the ones to take care of me. Ronal, the tsa'hik and Tonowari's mate, was weary of me for the first month but she soon warmed up to me a lot. She now loves me, and I love her. Tsireya and Aonung became like my siblings, and we were close. Coming from the Tayrangi clan, I was a different shade of blue, with green eyes, and a swirl scar on my leg.

"sis! You're not going? C'mon!!" Aonung whined and tried to pull me up but I pushed him away, "Don't be annoying Aonung" I rolled my eyes and he pouted, "C'mon bro, let's go now or else we'll miss eclipse!" Reya pulled him out our cot. "You sure you don't wanna come? Tepal and Su'mua are going too" Rotxo popped his head into the cot.

I smiled, "It's all good, i'll see you guys tomorrow" I said and he nodded, leaving.

Like Ronal during the first month, Aonung tried being mean and called me weird for not originally being apart of the Metkayina, but I made him back down and respect me. Being older than my 2 siblings made me have to be more responsible, said by Tonowari, technically my father.

- hours after eclipse

I snuck out of the cot while everyone was asleep. Going through the paths and dove underwater and started to make a clicking sound to call my Ilu. Soul, my Ilu, swam towards me happily.

"soul!" I signed and it happily clicked. My Ilu was pure black with glowing yellow highlights. She was the prettiest ilu i've seen, and just like I chose her, she chose me. "Wanna go for a ride?" I signed and she got into position for me to get on her. I got on and she took off.

- the next day

I was riding with Tsireya until we heard them sound the cones of newcomers. We heard people's yelps, "I'm going first" I told Reya and quickly swam to where the crowd was forming. I caught a glimpse of a family, a small girl who looked kind of scared. The family itself consisted of 2 parents, 2 teenage boys, 1 teenage girl and another younger girl.

They started walking forward with their hands out, a way of saying they mean no harm I suppose. People formed around them, Aonung and Rotxo came forward and circled around them. Aonung and Rotxo started making fun of the two boys' tails.

Tsireya hit Aonung's hand away when she arrived and scolded them, telling them to stop. "Hey" One of the boys said to Tsireya with a little smile. She chuckled, but then Tonowari and Ronal came.

Father and the man greeted each other, due to the big crowd I couldn't quite see who the adults were. "Why do you come to us, Jake Sully" I heard Tonowari speak. I lightly gasped.

He replied, saying he seeks a sanctuary for his family. "We are reef people.. your skills will be nothing here" Tonowari said. Ronal started to inspect their features, like their 5 fingers and their tails. Their lean and still body, unlike the Metkayina, who's builds were stronger.

"These children aren't even true Na'vi!" Ronal said, "They have demon blood." She finished as she picked up one of their hands. Everyone gasped, Jake spoke up, "Look- Look! I was born with the sky people and now I am Na'vi alright? We can adapt, we will adapt" He tried convincing.

"My husband was.." The woman, who I know as Neytiri spoke up but I stepped in, "Toruk Makto" I finished the sentence for her. She looked at me, then back at Ronal, "He lead the clans to victory against the sky people." As she spoke, I looked at their children. I stopped when I made eye contact with one of them, his eyes looked pretty..

"This you call victory? Hiding, amongst strangers? It seems Eywa has turned your back on you" Ronal said. "Ronal." I hissed lightly. I act upon this village, for I hold responsibility. Tonowari once told me that he would have made me the next Olo'eyktan, unfortunately women cannot become one:

Ronal looked at me, but backed away next to Tonowari. I greeted Jake and Neytiri, "I see you, and your family." I finished and stood back next to Ronal. Tonowari stood forward, "Toruk Makto is a great war leader. All Na'vi people know his story. But we Metkayina, are not at war." He said and turned to Jake, "We cannot let you bring your war, here." He finished.

"I'm done with war, ok? I just want to keep my family safe." He said and comforted the little girl in his arms. Ronal and Tonowari turned to each other, discussing with their eyes.

Then, he turned to the people, "Toruk Makto and his family will stay here. Treat him as your own brothers and sisters. But they do not know the sea, so they will be like babies. Taking their first breathe, teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being useless." Tonowari explained.

"Now what do we say..?" Jake said and his family scattered with "thank you" The older girl just rolling her eyes, making me chuckle a little. "Our son Aonung, and our daughters Tsireya and Ryonan will show you what to do." Tonowari said. Tsireya smiled and Aonung went to go complain but Tonowari shut him down quickly.

"Come! I will show you our village" Tsireya said happily to their family.

We helped bring their stuff to their new home. "Yeah.. yeah this is nice, right?" Jake said to his family, Neytiri just sighed as she dropped what she was holding.