4. Fly

- Ryonan's POV -

We carefully snuck to where the Sully's kept their Ikrans. It was late when we got back, everyone was mostly asleep. There were at least 4 Ikrans, all were beautiful. "This one is my father's Ikran.. he named him bob" Lo'ak told me which made me laugh quietly. He showed me to his Ikran which was a beautiful one. I pet him, and she absolutely loved it. "Woah.. it seems like she likes you" He whispered

"It seems so.." I whispered back. Lo'ak got on his, "Okay so you can ride behind me. Keep your legs close and make sure to hold on tight" He told me and offered me his hand. I took it and got up behind him. He attached to her and I held his waist with one hand. "You might want to hold on tighter" He said softly.

I rolled my eyes playfully and wrapped my arms around his waist, making sure to hold on tight, "Better?" I whispered and I could hear his heart beat speed up. Lo'ak gulped, "uh, yeah. Ok let's go" His ikran immediately flew up and a smile formed on my face. I haven't rode an ikran in a while, so to feel this feeling again.. it was the best thing to ever happen. We flew around the village and I laughed, feeling the wind in my hair.

Lo'ak whooped and I laughed harder, "Lo'ak, watch this" I winked before whistling and making the calls. "What?" He said and looked to the side to see that one of their ikran's flew up. "Woah! You know how to call ikrans? Wait, but why did yo.."

I cut him off by letting go of his waist and jumping over to the other ikran. "Ryonan! Do you know how to fly it?!" He asked worriedly. I got a steady grip on the ikran and got into position, "Of course! Why would I get on if I didn't?!?!" I laughed and started to do flips with the ikran. He rode with me, laughing.

- the next morning

"I wished I been there..! The ocean blessed you with a gift brother" Kiri told Lo'ak. We were all by the pools, just hanging out. Lo'ak was telling us about the Tulkun friend he made. "But the Tulkun have not returned yet.. and anyway no tulkun travels alone" Aonung told everyone. He was right though, how could Lo'ak have met a tulkun that was alone? unless..

"Well this one was.. he had uh, uh missing fin" Lo'ak said while pointing to his arm. I sighed lightly, "Payakan." I spoke up. "Who's Payakan?" Kiri asked, "A tulkun that went rogue.. He's outcast! Alone, and he also has a missing fin" Rotxo explained.

"They say he is a killer.." Tsireya tried telling Lo'ak. "He killed Na'vi, and other Tulkun. Not here, but far to the south" Aonung said. "no, he is no killer" Lo'ak replied. "Lo'ak.. you are lucky to be alive" Tsireya said, putting a hand on his arm. "I'm telling you guys! He saved my life" Lo'ak tried to convince them, he also held Tsireya's arm.

"He's my friend" He finished. Neteyam stood up, "My baby bro! A mighty warrior, who faced the mighty killer Tulkun." He said as he shook Lo'ak's shoulder. Lo'ak grunted and shook him off, "You guys aren't listening." He said before walking off.

"No- no i'm listening!" Tuk cutely said, "Lo'ak come back" Kiri sighed.

- later

I went to look for Lo'ak and saw him on his ilu trying to call out, "Payakan!" I heard him yell. I kept my distance. I didn't say a word with what Lo'ak was trying to tell us earlier. I believed him, because I also knew. Payakan, the killer Tulkun was apparently tainted by the devil's powers, like me. I searched of Payakan, and it wasn't until I was about to give up when he showed himself. Payakan never meant any harm, he told me himself.

I saw that Payakan had showed himself to Lo'ak. He sat on Payakan's fin and started signing things to him. The only thing I saw him sign was, "I trust you. You can trust me"

They started to ride underwater, and I just watched. His trust with Payakan amazed me. They looked so happy, swimming with each other. I decided to stop watching them and just go enjoy the ocean itself. I let soul go and started to swim under the water. I played with the fish until I heard a wail from under the water.

I turned and smiled as I saw Lo'ak swimming with Payakan. He pointed at Payakan, but soon realized that it might be dangerous for me. "Calm down, moron. Payakan is not new with me" I signed and he gave me a questioning look. I made clicking sounds that caught Payakan's attention. He quickly swam towards me and started to go in circles. He soon stopped and I went over to pet him, "Hello brother" I signed as I looked into his eyes.

He put his fin under me and Lo'ak then pushed us towards the surface. Lo'ak caught his breathe, "Payakan trusts you?" He asked me and I laughed, "Payakan is my soul brother, we are both outcasts" I whispered the last part as I looked into Payakan's eyes.

- hours later

"You know, we're supposed to be at the spirit tree with the others" I told Lo'ak. He groaned, "Do we have to?" He asked and I chuckled, "You don't have to, but I will go" I said and called soul. "See you later" I winked and left.

I made it to the spirit tree and as I was right on top of it, the glowing tree started to flicker. I felt pain shock through the left side of my torso. I let our a gasp, then suddenly it disappeared. "What the.." Then, they all suddenly resurfaced.

I saw Kiri passed out, "what happened?!" I asked eagerly. "Kiri!" I heard Tuk yell. Neteyam was the one holding Kiri, I immediately helped him get her up onto the ilu. "What is wrong, what is it?!" Tuk asked.

"Is she breathing? Is she breathing" Rotxo asked while Neteyam gave her rescue breathes. "Get her to the village, hurry!" Tsireya said and Neteyam held her and quickly rode back to the village.

"Tuk, come up" I offered and she went on Soul behind me, "Hold on tight, we're gonna go fast." I said and Tuk nodded.