III

valeria's pov !

i was greeted by the same brown haired boy i had met earlier today at the mall. "you look really nice." he said handing me a fresh bouquet of pink tulips. "aw thank you so much you're so sweet." i sniffed the flowers and was engulfed by the fresh scent of them.

"so are you ready to go?" he said. "yeah, let's go." i walked out of the house and locked my door and his car was parked right out front.

he opened the passenger door for me, wow what a gentleman. we both got in and he started to play music. the song that played was the color violet by tory lanez. i turned the song up as the car started to move. "you like this song?" he asked. "of course i do, who doesn't?" i nudged his arm lightly as a horrible attempt to flirt.

the rest of the car ride was pretty normal. surprisingly, there was no awkward silence or anything just normal conversation as if we've known each other for years.

we finally reach the restaurant and it was probably the fanciest one i've been to in my life. it was bright with a mini waterfall in the corner and a giant chandelier right by the entrance.

"wow this place is beautiful." i stood in awe. "you think so? i'm glad you like it." he walked us over to the front desk. "hello, reservation for two under the name joão." the hostess started flipping through the reservation book until she found the one made for us.

"right this way sir." he took my hand as she led us into a nicer part of the restaurant than everyone else was dining in. when we reached our table he let go of my hand and pulled my chair out for me. "i never thought of you as the gentleman type." i giggled. "why wouldn't i be a gentleman to you? you're gorgeous." he complimented.

"enough with the flattering, it's only the first date." i rolled my eyes playfully. "so what are you planning on getting?" he asked opening up the menu. "i'll probably get the cheapest thing on the menu. all this stuff looks super expensive." i skimmed through the prices and saw that a piece of steak was over $100.

"you're joking right? i'm treating you so get what you want." he chuckled slightly. "wow alright. i guess i'll get some baked ziti." i told the waiter. "and i'll get the same thing as her." joão spoke. "your food will be ready soon." the waiter walked away and into the direction of the kitchen.

"so, how was your day?" joão said somewhat awkwardly. "to be honest, it was pretty shit. some guy broke my new makeup that i had just bought." i took a sip of my water. "damn. was the guy cute at least?" he brushed his hand through his hair. "he was kinda mid." i shrugged. "wow.. alright then." he scoffed dramatically. "i'm just kidding, he was breathtakingly stunning." i exclaimed jokingly. he laughed along and said a simple 'thank you'. what he didn't know was that i wasn't joking.

he is breathtakingly stunning.

hannah's note !
omfggg guys i'm so sorry for taking so long to upload i had the worst case of writers block this chapter and i've been so busy w school anyways TYSM for 400+ reads that's literally insane for only 3 chapters ly guys!! <33

p.s: please don't be a silent reader! vote and comment and don't be afraid to let me know what kind of stuff you'd like in the book!