new years kiss

Caesar's POV

  I was at Riley's new years "party" sitting with my girlfriend Y/N, Huey and his "best friend" Jazmine, and Riley and his "best friend" Cindy. We were watching the new years countdown and eating snacks in their living room.

  Jazmine piped up and smiled. "Let's share our New Years resolutions! My New Years resolution is to learn more about my hair texture so I can style it for prom." Huey smiled a little "That's so cute... my resolution is the same as it's always been." I smirked "What? Trying to take over the world?" he looked at me "The Pinky and the Brain reference is CRAZY. Anyways no, my new years resolution is to save my black brothers and sisters from the harm of B.E.T" 

  Y/N giggled a little and leaned on me "My resolution is to be the best me I can be." Riley booed her "Basic ass. My resolution is to pimp hoes. be a real nigga, and get money. Point blank." he looked over at McPherson "mostly the getting money and stuff... I'm not really into pimping like dat no mo' y'know..." C-murph nodded "My resolution is to be tha most gangsta bitch in these streets! Ain't nae on of these hoes on C-Murder's level!" she giggled and Riley dapped her up "I know that's right! Cynthia McMurder and Young Reezy Esco are gon' be tha most unstoppable thugs in these  streets! Even if we gotta rep' Timid Deer and Rustling Leaf..." they looked at each other and bust out laughing.

  I nodded and sighed "My resolution is to get better at football. I guess. I don't do resolutions." Jazmine turned on the TV to the count down and we continued our normal conversations because.. who still actually watches the count down? Not anyone in here.

  Y/N hugged me and smiled "you wanna be my new years kiss?" I smiled and kissed her "I will kiss you anytime, pretty girl ." We smiled and Huey cleared his throat "Nobody wants to see you two kiss. Respectfully." I rolled my eyes playfully and looked up at him "Jealous." He crossed his arms "I am not." Jazmine looked at him "I know I am. Caesar and Y/N are so cute.."

  Granddad came in the house and smiled "I came back just in time! I almost missed the countdown! I brought non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice! It's Welch's!" Y/N went to go help him with his groceries "You really do spoil us, Granddad." He pat her head "I know, baby doll. Now, could you go get some cups so y'all can enjoy the juice?" She nodded and went to the kitchen.

  Granddad came and sat in his recliner "Damn, everybody got a boo but me." Riley got offended "Who is everybody, Granddad? Cus I'm not seeing everybody.  So suddenly me and C-Murph aren't here?" Huey giggled and leaned back in his chair "I'm not boo-ed up. You boo-ed up, Jazmine?" She shook her head "nope." I just stared at them and Y/N came back from the
kitchen with cups of 'non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice'

  Riley crossed his arm "mane Granddad, why can't we have alcohol? Everybody in here is grown." It was true, Riley had his 18th birthday back in August.  Granddad sucked his teeth "Boy! You still live in my house, you not grown. I'm not providing underage individuals with alcoholic beverages. I know Jazzy wouldn't snitch but her dad is a lawyer. I'm not going to jail, I'm too old! Too damn old!"

  Jazmine pointed to the TV "20 seconds!" Huey nodded "I would just like to say this year sucked so nobody do some stupid shit next year." He looked at Granddad "pardon my language."

  Y/N looked at me and smiled. "How many new years have we spent together?" I counted quickly on my fingers "this is the 5th.." and suddenly we were in the last ten seconds of the year.

  Jazmine squealed, excited. "10, 9, 8, 7, 6-" And everyone (except Huey, who was watching in amusement) joined in the last 5 seconds "5, 4, 3, 2, 1 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" I kissed Y/N and smiled and we quickly celebrated. Them we calmed back down and Granddad started heading upstairs.

"I'm going to sleep now. Y'all don't stay up too late.." he got up the stairs and Y/N looked at us "Y'all tryna get drunk?" Riley smirked "Hell yeah! You got booze?" She smirked "Maaaaaybe." I looked at her "That's why your purse is so heavy.." she nodded and went to go grab her purse from the table.

  "That grape juice is good though!" She called and I took a sip "How can you make not alcohol taste so much like alcohol?" Huey looked at me "Some chemical... ethanol maybe? Some version of that. It also occurs naturally in cherries."

  Y/N came back and Jazmine looked at her "How'd you get that?" She looked at Jazzy and blinked "I should tell you.. why?" Jazmine put her hands up defensively "It's a question!" Huey smiled "If you're worried about her snitching, she won't." Y/N nodded and opened her tropical flavored Bacardi "My roommate in college. She's twenty one so, she alway hooks me up."

  Riley took the bottle out her hand and poured himself a cup "You talk too damn much!" Y/N looked at me "You better get pip-squeak. He keep talking back to me, he not gon be able to talk no more." Cindy looked at Riley "And see, me personally wouldn't take that! Dats jus me tho!" Riley glared at her "Do we have a problem?" She looked at him "Noo problems here, pip-squeak! Aww little baby is mad? Aweeee!" Everyone started laughing and Riley rolled his eyes "You not finna keep calling me pip-squeak and little baby and stuff. Hop of my dick, damn." She snickered and looked at me "That's how you know I won.."