BONUS STORY - Finale

Finale (Or Otherwise Known As That Bonus Story Chloe Swore She Wouldn't Write But Did Anyway) — Time Frame: In between the last chapter and the epilogue of Rage of Vendetta

Ariel Song woke up nestled in a cluster of blankets, with rising sunlight streaming through the open blinds. Below her eleventh-floor dorm room in the city that never sleeps, traffic horns were blaring loudly despite it being a Sunday morning. There was warmth on Ariel's cheek, pressed against Jesse's bare chest, rising and falling in sleep.

And there was a spirit standing at the edge of her bed. 

"Oh my god!"

Jesse bolted upright at the sound of her voice, the small mattress springing wildly with movement. His curly hair was in loose springs all over the place, bits and pieces stuck in the most ridiculous upright position. 

"What? What is it?"

He noticed the spirit with hardly any reaction, apart from a sleepy yawn, and then turned back towards Ariel.

"Nope, I am not dealing with this."

Ariel gestured violently at the flickering being. "Not dealing with it? There's a dead guy in my dorm! Sasha is not going to be happy when she hears about this—"

Eyes already shutting again, Jesse reached over and pulled Ariel back into his arms. "He can wait a bit longer. No one—dead or alive—is disturbing my sleep."

The spirit's urgent affairs were dealt with only once noon passed.

FIN.