Chapter Ten

Jordan
now

"She has been talking about it non-stop Jordan" Georgia says.

"Your gonna have fun Kenna, you can slide about wherever you want too" I say. Kenna was wiggling around in her chair all excited. "I even got the rink all to ourselves so you can go where you want"

"You can still do that?" Georgia asks.

"Of course I can. One, I was one of the best players on the coaches team" I brag. "Two, I called him and said that I want to hire it out for Noah's daughter and I will pay. He told me I don't have to as she's the daughter of the greatest guy he knows"

"Isn't that cute, little famous Kenna Ryder over here" Georgia laughs.

"Your coming on the ice too Georgia. No getting out of it this time"

We arrive through the back doors and the rink is empty. "I want a tour" Kenna demands.

"Of course you can Miss. Kenna" I say laughing. I throw Kenna upon my shoulders and we walk around.

We go back behind the chairs into the locker rooms. "This is where everyone gets ready"

"There's no rooms" Kenna notices.

"Well yeah, you just kinda get ready" I say.

"Gross" Kenna said pulling a face.

The 3 of us walk into the reception. There is pictures of our team on the wall throughout the years and each tournament we won. "Look Kenna" I point out me and Noah in a picture from one of our first matches. Only a few years older than Kenna.

"Jordan you look so little" Kenna says. "Is that daddy?" she asks.

"Yeah it is" Georgia said looking closer.

"I look like him a lot"

"You do indeed" Georgia says looking at her.

I got changed myself before going to help Kenna, I knew she'd get fussy. I only put my number 19 shirt on and skates. Consider myself a professional.

I go over to get Kenna sorted. As it's her first time on ice I put more clothes on her than normal. "There's to much clothes" she complains.

"It's ice Kenna, you will be freezing" I say.

"What's these?" she asks.

"Shin pads, incase you fall" I answer.

"What's this?" she asks again.

"Shoulder pads, incase you fall" I answer again.

"And what's this?" she asks. Again.

"It's a helmet Kenna, incase you-

"Fall over" Georgia says laughing.

"Yes correct" I reply laughing.

"A lot of falling over" Kenna says.

"Well when you learn then you won't fall as much" she starts to fidget so I get her skates and put them on. "Very cute Kenna, very cute"

I pick her up so she doesn't fall walking the in skates. We're leaving the changing rooms when she notices the glass cabinet. "Why has the shirt got my name on it?" she asks.

Georgia and I both look over and it's Noah's old shirt. It has RYDER written on it with number 9 underneath. The coach pinned it in the cabinet so we'd always see it. Coach loved Noah. He acted like Noah was his son most the time.

"That's your dad's shirt" I told her.

"It is! Can I wear it? Please!"

I look over at Georgia. I struggle to see if things like this bother her anymore. She doesn't seem like she has an answer.