Chapter Four

Jordan
now

I walk into the kitchen to see Kenna hanging off Georgia's back. There both singing one of the Moana songs which doesn't surprise me because wherever Kenna goes, so does that soundtrack.

They don't realize i'm here so I sneak up behind them and grab Kenna of her back. They both scream. "God Jordan! Don't do that!" Georgia yelled hitting me.

"Not funny Jordan" Kenna says crossing her arms.

"Terribly sorry Kenny" I apologize throwing her into the air and catching her. She lets out a squeal. "Are you excited for your 4th birthday next week?"

"Yes I have asked Santa for so many things" she says. Georgia just looks at her and smiles trying not to laugh.

"Santa?" I ask, making sure i'm hearing this correctly. She nods. "Santa only comes at christmas silly"

"But Santa gets me presents on christmas so why not on my birthday as-well?"

The kid had a point. I didn't know what to say. "Well.. I mean why not let Santa just do his job just once a year because he's a lazy shi-

"Jordan" Georgia says firmly.

"Because he's a lazy cow" I say. "And then me, mummy, Oakley and even your grandparents can sort out your birthday presents. Okay kid?"

Kenna thinks long and hard about it. Like it's a life or death situation. "Sure. I can let that lazy cow come once a year" Georgia and I both look at each other and laugh.

"What do you want for your birthday anyway?"

"A puppy! I want a puppy!" She exclaims.

"Hmm okay, i'll see what I can do for you" Kenna looks up at me and smiles. I kiss her on the head and put her down. She runs to her room to play.

"Do not even think about getting her a puppy Jordan" Georgia says.

"Why not? She wants one"

"I don't have time to look after a puppy, she's not spoilt so she doesn't need everything she asked for. She asked for a trip to Disneyland. Is that happening? In reality no"

"God aren't you just Miss. Happy today, it's your daughters 4th birthday don't be such a grinch"

"I don't have the time Jordan, I would but i'm working and when i'm not working I take Kenna out, to see Caroline and Arthur and to see Oakley, school plays and... that reminds me, she has a school play coming up"

"In May? What kind of play is it?" I ask.

"An easter play stupid. She's dressing up as a rabbit, that's another thing I need to add to the list. See I don't have the time"

Georgia slid down on the kitchen counter and ended up sitting on the floor. "What are you doing?"

"Standing on the ceiling"

I sit down on the floor next to her. "I think you need a Disneyland break more than Kenna does"

"Don't you dare"

"I once said to you that i'll do all the things for Kenna that Noah would, and i'm sure that Noah would book his daughter a trip to Disneyland"

Georgia sighed. "Yeah I guess he would" she leant her head on my shoulder "Thank you" she whispered and I just held her hand.

"You don't have to thank me. I love Kenna more than anyone. You know i'd do anything for her, i'd hope you knew that anyway" I look at her and pull at face.

"Yes i'm aware" she smiles. We both look up as we hear footsteps running. Then they stop.

"Mummy? Jordan" Kenna whispers. I forgot we was sitting on the floor. The footsteps come running around the kitchen and we both shout boo when we see her and she screams.

I drag her onto my lap and now all three of us are sitting on the floor. "This is my doll Barbra"

"You have a doll named Barbra?" I ask.

"Yes and Denise" she says.

I look over to Georgia who's staring at Kenna smiling. "Are you sure she's not secretly a 60 year old woman looking for somewhere to stay" I ask.

Georgia laughs and drags Kenna over to her lap. "Oh i'm very sure, she's definitely my little Kenna" Georgia says as she starts kissing Kenna all over which makes her squeal.