Chapter Two

Jordan
Now

I pulled up outside the house and got out of my white truck and then locked it. I had just got my truck washed so I could see my own reflection. Best feeling ever.

I walked up the drive which had the white roses leading up to the door. I let myself in, as always, and wondered around looking who was in. I walked into the kitchen, nobody. The cork-board was sitting on the wall, half full of polaroids. The camera underneath that hadn't been touched in almost 4 years.

I went to pick it up then I heard someone running behind me. I turnt to see Kenna running over. Well at-least trying to run, she was stomping over id say. As I went to pick her up she jumped. "Hey Kenna"

"Hi Jordan" she screamed in my ear.

"Where's your mum?" I asked her.

"Right here" I turnt to see Georgia leaning on the beading of the kitchen.

"Oh I didn't see you. You okay?" I ask again.

"Yeah i'm good. Just cleaning Kenna's room as she can't keep it tidy for 10 minutes" she says.

"Why doesn't Kenna clean her own room?" I say turning to Kenna who i'm adjusting on my hip, as she's getting to big.

"No I don't want to clean my room! I was having a tea party with my friends" Kenna said.

"Friends as in her dolls and teddy bears" Georgia whispered so Kenna wouldn't get offended.

"Well anyways, i'm here to take Kenna to her dance class, I even got my truck cleaned so you will look like royalty getting out" I say looking at Kenna.

"How long did you stare and your own reflection for?" Georgia asked laughing.

"Maximum five minutes" I say. Georgia looked at me like she knew I was lying. "Fine maximum ten minutes" I admit.

Georgia laughed. "Her bag is by the door, i'll be home all day if anything happens" Georgia walks over and kisses Kenna on the cheek and they say goodbye.

I put Kenna down and hold her hand whilst walking over to the door, I pick up her bag and we leave.

"Your truck is very clean Jordan" Kenna says appreciating it.

"Thank you Kenna" I say whilst putting her into her car seat in the back. On the way there i'm forced to listen to the Moana soundtrack, Kenna's favorite. She sings the whole way there.

I'm watching Kenna through the glass. She doesn't even try to dance. This is the third activity she can't take seriously. Kenna is to stubborn to listen to anything anyone says. It's a ballet lesson but by just watching Kenna you'd think it was street dance.

After the hour passed Kenna come out. "Did I do well?" she asked.

"Amazing" I say.

"That means ice-cream then" she says skipping out the studio to the truck.

I follow her outside and open the door for her. "Does it?"

"Yes. I did well. You said I can have ice-cream if I do well. You can't take back a promise Jordan" Kenna says trying to make me feel guilty.

"I don't remember saying that at all but if your so sure I did then fine because Kenna doesn't lie does she?"

"No Kenna doesn't lie" she says, lying. I can't say no though. So yet again i'm forced to listen to Moana the whole way there.

We're sitting at the ice-cream parlor. "Your so boring Kenna" I say.

"That's not nice" she says not taking her eyes of her ice-cream with half the tub all over her mouth.

"Have you even tasted the ice-cream yet Kenna it looks like your missing your mouth" I laugh and she does too. One of my favorite things about Kenna is her laugh. It's sweet and always makes me smile.

"You got Vanilla ice-cream, how basic can a almost 4 year old be?" I ask her. "Add some flavor in there, your tastebuds are probably dying of all the bland foods that you eat"

"I eat chocolate too stupid" she says. "Vanilla is daddy's favorite so it is also mine"

I stare at Kenna and all I can see is Noah. Her light brown eyes along with her dark blonde hair that is getting darker as she gets older. She has the same smile as Noah but just Georgia's attitude.

Kenna looks up and me and sticks her tongue out. "Really?" I say laughing.

"Your a loser" she says back.

I put my mint ice-cream onto hers and her face drops. "Who's the loser now?" I ask her.

"Not funny Jordan" Kenna says very loudly. "I'm putting this in the bin" Kenna slides off the red chair and walks past me. As I look around to watch where shes going she shoves the ice-cream into my face and laughs really loudly. "Who's the loser now"

I wipe my face then hers, she's somehow still messier than me even though I got ice-cream thrown at me. I pick her up and put her on my shoulders as we walk back to the truck to take her home.

The PolaroidOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara