The next morning

I woke up to a small knock on the door. Mindi peeked in and said "Time for pancakes Mr. Champion"

I got out of bed, and got dressed. I went in to the kitchen, where it smelled nicely of pancakes. I sat at the table, and Mindi handed me a plate with pancakes. "Hope you are hungry." Mindi said, and smiled. "It looks great." I said with a smile.

I asked Mindi "I never found out what you do, Mindi? Do you have a job, or how do you spend your time?" she replied "Oh, my sister never told you? I'm a free lance model. Just for regular ladies clothes. Not in the big expensive magazines. But I like it." I said "That must be where Sofia got her inspiration from then." Mindi asked "Inspiration for what?" I answered "Well, for modelling, of course." Mindi answered. "This is the first time I hear of it, but she does have what it requires for it. So she probably has a good chance."

Sofia came in wearing a grey top, and pink silk pyjama pants. She rubbed her eyes, and said a groggy "Something smells great." to Mindi. Then looked over at me, and said "Oh, good morning Ste-". She was cut mid-sentence, when Mindi went over and literally pulled down Sofia's pants, so I could see her diaper on full display. She was still wearing the medical one, except now it was full and wet. Sofia looked in shock at Mindi, and said "Mindi, what are you doi-" Mindi cut her short, and said "You know you have to be checked every morning. To see if you are dry." Sofia answered "But right in front of Steve?" and was now as red in her face as I imagined I was, from this weird situation. Trying to amend the situation I let out a "Your house your rules.", hoping that could easy the tension a bit. "See nothing wrong here. Let's go and get you changed." Mindi said, and took Sofia by the hand. Sofia said a small "Sorry about this." to me, and followed Mindi.

While I were eating the rest of my pancakes, my phone buzzed. It was a short text from my dad: "Be ready in 5". I ate the rest, and went to pack my stuff. I heard a horn honking, so I wouldn't have time to say goodbye to Mindi and Sofia, so just yelled a "Thanks for everything, later, right?" I heard Sofia and Mindi yelling from Sofia's room "No problem, see you."

I went in to the car and sat in the passenger's seat, dad in the driver's. We started driving home. Dad asked "Had fun?". Trying not to seem affected by the happening with Sofia this morning, I answered "Yes, plenty. I got to hang out with Stan's daughter Sofia, we cooked together. Then Mindi took the two of us out bowling. I won, by the way." Dad said "Of course you did." with a smile. I continued "My winning price was dibs, on Mindi's pancakes this morning. So yeah. I had lot's of fun.". "What is she like?" dad asked. "How is who like?" I asked back. "Well, Sofia, of course. I know she's your age. And you don't know anyone here, yet. So maybe you could be friends with her." Dad said. I answered "She was really nice, but she kept on teasing me. Giving me weird nicknames." Dad said "Well, you know what you say about, when a girl teases you?" I answered "No, what?". Dad answered "Well, that she likes you of course." and winked to me.