Chapter - 13

I tried to push Alphonso away from me as he held me back. Marcus and Reggie were standing in front of a bunker in the basement. Sloane was wiping over her face, tears running down. It wasn't her fault. We were just children!

"Until you learn to control your powers, you'll stay here." Reginald said and opened the door to the bunker.

"No! Don't do that!" I yelled but Ben grabbed my arm, Alphonso let go of me.

"Fin.." Ben whispered and pulled me to him, I kept trying to go to my sister. The mission went perfectly fine, Sloane's outburst was an accident. And they all knew that.

"No! He can't just lock her up, Ben! That's not fair! That's not how you treat your children! Pogo, say something!" I looked at the monkey but he looked away and sighed.

"Number 8! This is a lesson for Number 5. The next time she'll use her powers, she'll think before doing so." Reginald said and looked at me with raised eyebrows. My chin was quivering and when I looked at my sister, she just nodded.

"She has to open this without destroying it. And she has to do it alone." Reginald explained, then he pulled Sloane inside and closed the door.

"No!" I yelled but Ben pulled me away as everyone else left. When we were on their floor, I pushed Ben away from me. He looked down, then I headed into my room. 

How could they do that to her?! She was the nicest, the absolute most perfect daughter someone could have and that she couldn't control her powers this one fucking time doesn't make her weak.

Nobody should treat her that way. Sloane did everything for us even though they're all so mean. She tries and tries and tries and she's better than anyone.. yet they're doing this to her.

The night came and I listened closely if everyone was asleep, then I stood up, put on a long shirt over my small sleeping dress and headed downstairs. I saw Sloane pushing herself against the door, tears running down her face. With a small gasp and headed to the door and laid my hand on the glass. She noticed me and stood up, shaking her head but also laying her hand on the glass.

"I'll get you out of here!" I said and nodded while she kept shaking her head. Then I stepped away and exhaled, I looked at my hands, at Sloane and back to my hands. They started glowing in a light green and I placed them on the door, it started cracking, then it opened. Sloane tripped out, I caught her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"It's fine.." I whispered, she nodded and we sat down on the floor, she cried.

"Let's get you to bed.. come on.." pulling her up, I held her hand and we walked to my room. It was more far away from the others but I didn't want Sloane to be alone.

As I put the blanket over us, my sister cuddled herself closer to me, I sighed and let her do that. Then she fell asleep, while I looked out for her. 

The next morning arrived and I opened my eyes, I must've fallen asleep and didn't notice. With a sigh I looked at the door, then I flinched and saw Pogo looking at us. I cleared my throat.

"She.. she came out at night and knocked at my door-" I said as I sat up and smiled shakingly. Pogo nodded quietly when I felt Sloane taking my hand. She was awake.

"It's okay. Breakfast is ready." Pogo said, I knew he didn't believe me. I knew that he knew I helped her breaking out.

"Pogo.." I whispered, he stopped and looked at me.

"Don't tell.. Reginald.. please.." I asked, he nodded and left. I sighed and looked at Sloane. She smiled slightly.

"Well, I should go and get changed.." She whispered and stood up and also left.